Mounting options for the Winwing Top GUN MIP

Shack

Wondering what folks are using for mounting the Top Gun MIP center panel clamps to - I can't use a desk as I have my setup on a DOF REALITY motion platform and I solely use VR.  

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't directly answer your question (I use mine on desktop and built a stand to attach them to).  What I will point out though, is you can use the brackets without the clamps to attach.  Might give you a few more options.  I have mine screwed from the sides to vertical pieces of wood (slightly smaller than a 2x4) that are attached to a flat base that sits on my desk.

Rob,

Thanks for sharing that.  Can you post a pic to give me a better thought process ?   I'm attaching a pic of a powered desk that I can raise and lower as necessary that I thought might work but the issue is the legs of the desk run into my motion platform electric motors. 

CJKm28fCJKm28f

IMG_0895 (1).jpg

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What all parts to do you have?  You might be able to rig something on the platform between chair and rudders to move with you (a flat piece across the bottom to hold it to the platform and a vertical pillar to hold the UFC at appropriate height maybe).

IMG_20221231_173305059.jpg

IMG_20221231_173441959.jpg

IMG_20221231_173509554.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What I did was to fix the three parts together with two metal bars and a woodden part (to get a larger surface to clamp on), and then build a soprt of back shade to hide all cables. The final product is clean and can be moved as a single piece in a very easy way! Hera are the pics!

20230103_155839.jpg

20230105_192730.jpg

20230108_161150.jpg

20230110_111636.jpg

20230110_112045.jpg

20230110_112949.jpg

20230110_124029.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

nullI had the same issue. My cockpit is mounted on a Motion Systems platform. The body of the cockpit is 80x20 profile with a fibreglass cockpit on top of that.  There is a 10 port USB3 powered hub behind the main panel that reduces the cables from the motion platform to the computer. The fibreglass cockpit is full size f-18, so I can add additional Winwing parts as released.  Side panels are separate mouldings so can be changed as required.  Also supports f-16 as well.

IMG_0452.JPG

image.jpeg

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

nullLatest on my pit in photo.  It's come on a bit since the photo above. There is a motion platform as the base, with a Track Racer frame bolted to that, which allows some flexibility. A bespoke fibreglass cockpit (exact F-18c size) allows a mix of Winwing, Tek Creations and home made controls & instruments to be mounted. Mix of WinWing software, for their kit (minus the screens) which, along with the backup instruments etc are driven by Helios.  Small dials and other instruments etc are driven by DCS-BIOS.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I made some wooden moulds and then cast them in fibreglass. The front cockpit is two main parts, front and top. Then two smaller parts for the sides. The front part bolts to the sides of the Track Racer frame and the bottom at the correct angle. The side pods attach to that and the Track Racer side rails.

The two pics show some additional detail. One shows the left hand side where there is a swinging arm with the F-16 throttle. The other shows the right hand side, where you can see more of the frame.

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

Yes, the backup instrument cluster is a monitor run on Helios (had great fun finding one of the right size to fit in the allocated space and still drive the instruments at scale). The small ones are Tek Creations. Helios also drives the Winwing screens, because mixing the technologies was causing fun.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2023 at 3:34 AM, Tanarg said:

I made some wooden moulds and then cast them in fibreglass. The front cockpit is two main parts, front and top. Then two smaller parts for the sides. The front part bolts to the sides of the Track Racer frame and the bottom at the correct angle. The side pods attach to that and the Track Racer side rails.

The two pics show some additional detail. One shows the left hand side where there is a swinging arm with the F-16 throttle. The other shows the right hand side, where you can see more of the frame.

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

Do you happen to have pictures of how you mounted the MIP to the Track racer frame?

And how you modified the seat for center stick?

I have the TR120 frame(non-motion) with VRS DFP pedals and a VRS DFP Direct Drive wheelbase for sim racing, but have spent the majority of the last year using the rig for DCS...

I think I can add some aluminum extrusion to the Wheelbase mount and clamp the MIP stuff to the extra extrusion.

My HOTAS is currently side mounted and would have to cut out the center of the seat a bit. (i have the GT style seat with the surrounding headrests)

The arm rest is the best additon ever to be honest

Edited by audiman

DCS Modules so far...: F/A-18C Hornet(my first DCS love), F-14 Tomcat(childhood favorite Fighter), AH-64D Apache(only a 30% chance I'll enter VRS...), F-15E Strike Eagle(Missilebombertanker Jet)

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, Asus Tuf Gaming OC RTX3080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz Ram, MSI X570 Mobo, Corsair H150i Elite RGB AIO, 6x Lian Li SL120RGB fans, 1TB 970Evo(boot drive), 1TB 980 Pro(DCS), 2TB Crucial MX500 Sata SSD(overflow), Corsair 4000D Airflow case