A few queries

markturner1960

Hi, just re installed vaicom & VA after a break of a 18 months or so, need some refreshing.....my VA seems to work OK, on first run after installing vaicom however, I have some messages in the GUI box:

No DCS world installation was automatically detected on this machine

Your registry key is invalid, fix it or create a custiom path instead

I tried clicking on the installed vaicom pro shortcut it installed on my desktop, nothing happened, where do I go to sort these issues? Could see nothing in the VA gui either.....

Is there a manual ( Or quick start guide etc) to read please? again, could not find where vaicom has installed on my PC.....

Finally, will vaicom work alongside VA profiles, or can I only have one or the other profile (a VA profile or the Vaicom profile) working at one time...

Thanks

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

5 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, just re installed vaicom & VA after a break of a 18 months or so, need some refreshing.....my VA seems to work OK, on first run after installing vaicom however, I have some messages in the GUI box:

No DCS world installation was automatically detected on this machine

Your registry key is invalid, fix it or create a custiom path instead

I tried clicking on the installed vaicom pro shortcut it installed on my desktop, nothing happened, where do I go to sort these issues? Could see nothing in the VA gui either.....

Is there a manual ( Or quick start guide etc) to read please? again, could not find where vaicom has installed on my PC.....

Finally, will vaicom work alongside VA profiles, or can I only have one or the other profile (a VA profile or the Vaicom profile) working at one time...

Thanks

A few things.

First, VAICOMPRO is installed in the VoiceAttack directory. For example on my rig it's at C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO. Could be different for you, especially if you are using the Steam version of VoiceAttack. There is a doc folder within and that's where you can find the latest VAICOMPRO manual. There's also a link on the VAICOMPRO discord site.

Second, the VAICOMPRO shortcut simply runs a background program that restarts VoiceAttack if it crashes. To start VAICOMPRO start VoiceAttack instead. Personally, I deleted that shortcut, which I find useless and misleading.

Third, the messages about DCS world not found are easily corrected: Start VoiceAttack. Once VAICOMPRO is finished starting hit Left-Control-Alt-C to bring up the VAICOMPRO configuration widget. On the CONFIG tab check the box for "custom path" then enter the path to your DCS installation. Make sure the sliders are set for your version of DCS. Then check the box for "fix registry." Then close the widget, close VoiceAttack, and restart it. The problem should be gone. 

Finally, the community developers are providing tech support and updates on the Discord site. See 

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

OK, thanks…..will try and get it up and running now….

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

So trying to follows Pedros video guide, I dont see separate downloads for the AARIO and chatter in the github link? 

Also, on install, in his video, he opens the vaicom folder after install and says you should see 11 or so .dll files......I dont see this, just 2 .dlls a config and 2 folders......why is this different? He clearly says in the video " if you only see these 2, you are using the old version" but I have downloaded the latest and only version that is up on the github link? 

I am assuming there is a new installer that supercedes the video, as once I run VA, I get the folders and in the extensions folder there is chatter and AIrio. However, its confusing and I am trying to make sure I do this right......

Regarding the set up, the manual says re PTT to make sure HOTAS Mic fwd,aft,left, right are not mapped. I dont have these functions in the Hornet or Harrier controls, in the Harrier I have Comm aft & Comm fwd, in the Hornet, I have comm switch 1&2 and Mids A&B. Are these the same, IE do I need to make sure I dont have these mapped? I was planning to use the currently unmapped up or down function on my 4 mic switch on the F18 Throttle grip I use, as this is not in use for radios on any modules I use currently. I wanted to keep vaicom PTT and DCS radio menu call up separate, will this work? 

finally, trying to make a kneeboard of the commands. Have exported the keywords file, but there are a LOT of commands..has anyone made a user friendly categorised version of these does any one know, that could be easily made in to a kneeboard? 

Edited by markturner1960

Hello Mark,

On the install it creates 2 folders (documentation and extensions) and a VAICOMPRO.dll as well as a VAICOMPRO.exe

Once you run Voiceattack it should create the other folders

The commands are on page 56 of the manual in the Documentation folder. Also there have been kneeboards created which can be downloaded from here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files//search/?tags=VAICOM Comms Radio Communication

When fully installed you should have 7 folders (Config through to Profiles)
There is also an .msi that can be downloaded for the most recent version found here
https://github.com/Penecruz/VAICOMPRO-Community/releases/tag/v2.8.1.1

Brilliant thanks....