The Real Questions...

Czechnology

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2023 at 7:26 PM, JNelson said:

iirc, it was fairly common. You can look up pictures of the AN/APQ-120 dish most of them have iff antennas installed.

Sorry if this has been answered already and I missed it, but is the F-4E for DCS going to have an IFF interrogator? 

2 hours ago, gnomechild said:

Sorry if this has been answered already and I missed it, but is the F-4E for DCS going to have an IFF interrogator? 

Yes

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

The F-4E has the Litton LN-3 INS, coupled with the ASN-46 navigation computer, which could also navigate purely using air data (much bigger CEP though). The F-4J/S did not have an INS, just the ASN-46 nav computer with only air data as the navigation source.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2023 at 4:26 AM, Czechnology said:

1) Anyone have a full cold start checklist yet?

2) Anyone know the abilities of our nav system? I've been reading USAF Phantoms and to my understanding we get INS, but does that just give a Lat-long readout, or what?

3) Anyone have info on how our IFF works?

On 1/4/2023 at 3:05 PM, Omega417 said:

1) Ive just copied down what the manual has listed but Im not sure how accurate it is.

2) based on the cockpit drawings from the manual I think the pilot just gets a readout and the backseater gets the controls, looks almost like an A4. But, I am not versed so I will probably get yelled at for being wrong. nullnull

image.png

image.png

I am doing some checklist for myself, Before starting, starting (or cartridge starting), before TAXI etc.. 

I can post them when its gonna be finished... 

Before starting looks like this: 

F-4 Before start.png

• Thanks 1

Am 17.1.2023 um 18:50 schrieb Omega417:

How long is it going to take us to align our INS?

According to some talks, might be up to 3 minutes with stored heading. Maybe theres gyro-oil warmup with two minutes added.

Not the worst, but might be a plane for hot starts^^

• 2 weeks later...