F6F HELLCAT Coming To DCS WORLD - MAIN THREAD - PHOTOS, NEWS, UPDATES, DISCUSSIONS AND MORE!

MLGSwagPilot

Guys the F6F is coming! AMAZING! Probably coming in 2023, a comment under the "2023 and beyond" video that said something like "F6F in 2023, it's gonna be a fun year" received a heart by ED, so yea F6F in 2023 confirmed. I'll provide screenshots of the comment later.

This is the main Thread for the F6F developement rumors, ideas, updates and news! Feel free to contribute as you wish.

COOL PHOTOS OF THE HELLCAT ARE WELCOME!

8ef10ee9.jpg

F6F-Hellcat.jpg

F6F-Hellcats-bw.jpg

Eurocat-jointops-960_640.jpg

1610732122314.jpg

1610733062149.jpg

1610732776689.jpg

E-G4-PMWEAANweg.jpg

LET THE DISCUSSIONS BEGIN!

B9wsEOsCYAAS4fB.jpg

• Like 8

😁 Cute.

He thinks a heart under a random comment means "confirmed"..... probably in two weeks (tm) 😜

It's coming. That is all and everything we know. Maybe 2023, maybe "beyond". Relax.

• Like 6

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

This is good news. Mosquito and Hellcat are the top two warbirds on my wishlist. However, at the rate of WWII module development, we are looking at 2025 and beyond, and warbirds modules tend to get stuck is the “not quite complete” state for a long time. I envy the rotorheads, ED helicopter modules are being churned out at a good pace and excellent quality: Mi24, AH-64, Black Shark, now CH-47.

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

23 minuti fa, Bozon ha scritto:

This is good news. Mosquito and Hellcat are the top two warbirds on my wishlist. However, at the rate of WWII module development, we are looking at 2025 and beyond, and warbirds modules tend to get stuck is the “not quite complete” state for a long time. I envy the rotorheads, ED helicopter modules are being churned out at a good pace and excellent quality: Mi24, AH-64, Black Shark, now CH-47.

I think it depends on who's making the hellcat. Magnitude 3 is really taking a long time for the corsair and is giving very little to no info, but other developers tend to be quicker and actually give some updates on their work, which in my humble opinion is fundamental to engage with the community and keep potential buyers (tail)hooked and interested.

I thought that maybe the studio that's working on this project was Flying-iron simulations, as they just released a Hellcat for MSFS, but they didn't say anything about a F6F for DCS in their recent "end of 2022 update" so maybe I'm wrong.

2 ore fa, Hiob ha scritto:

😁 Cute.

He thinks a heart under a random comment means "confirmed"..... probably in two weeks (tm) 😜

It's coming. That is all and everything we know. Maybe 2023, maybe "beyond". Relax.

it's not a random comment. maybe I'm wrong, after all the title is "2023 AND BEYOND"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MLGSwagPilot said:

I think it depends on who's making the hellcat. Magnitude 3 is really taking a long time for the corsair and is giving very little to no info, but other developers tend to be quicker and actually give some updates on their work, which in my humble opinion is fundamental to engage with the community and keep potential buyers (tail)hooked and interested.

I thought that maybe the studio that's working on this project was Flying-iron simulations, as they just released a Hellcat for MSFS, but they didn't say anything about a F6F for DCS in their recent "end of 2022 update" so maybe I'm wrong.

it's not a random comment. maybe I'm wrong, after all the title is "2023 AND BEYOND"

What I meant by that - and this is something that most DCS "veterans" definitely know by now - release dates are subject to change pretty much until the module is released and from first tease to release is most likely >1Y. The heart under comments like this is just the appreciation for our passion. (which is nice nevertheless).

I will be happy to be wrong on this one... and ED is stepping up their game slowly but steadily - so who knows. 🤗

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Is HellCat from ED?
Who had the highest success rate in the war? HellCat or Corsair?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Well..... you should analize what they've shown in the vid about the F6F... but even more important is What they've haven't shown about it... Tip: ingame images ZERO. So Hiob is 500% right: in 15 days months.... FOR SURE!!! 

• Like 1

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

1 ora fa, ThorBrasil ha scritto:

Is HellCat from ED?
Who had the highest success rate in the war? HellCat or Corsair?

Depends, Hellcat was a better carrier-based fighter thanks to its excellent carrier handling capabilities, whilst the Corsair was mostly operated from air strips (at least until the last year of the war, the british then found out a way of using it on carriers more easily). The Corsair was abit faster but the Hellcat overall had a higher kill ratio (19:1 compared to the corsair's 11:1). From my experience on War THunder and IL-2 1946, both are boom and zoom planes and not turn-fighters like the zero, but the Hellcat has a slight maneuverability advantage over the corsair and the corsair has a slight speed advantage over the hellcat.

8 minuti fa, OLD CROW ha scritto:

Well..... you should analize what they've shown in the vid about the F6F... but even more important is What they've haven't shown about it... Tip: ingame images ZERO. So Hiob is 500% right: in 15 days months.... FOR SURE!!! 

I'm confident that it'll come out sometime in late '23

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MLGSwagPilot said:

I'm confident that it'll come out sometime in late '23

That's fine. Hope dies last. Just don't be salty if it doesn't. 😉

• Like 4

3 minuti fa, Hiob ha scritto:

That's fine. Hope dies last. Just don't be salty if it doesn't. 😉

No I won't be salty. One thing that kinda annoys me is when devs don't release any news or updates for a very long time, so I'm hoping in monthly (at least) updates from ED when the Hellcat starts to be ready to be shown to the public

2 hours ago, MLGSwagPilot said:

The ED team has confirm them on the youtube video comentaries and was "confirm" by Nick Grey some time ago on a interview, when talking about the future modules to WW2, He fly them on "The Fighter Collection" and like to build them as a Pacific Fighter with WW2 Carrier Operations, and after Battle of Britain modules.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MLGSwagPilot said:

One thing that kinda annoys me is when devs don't release any news or updates for a very long time, so I'm hoping in monthly (at least) updates from ED when the Hellcat starts to be ready to be shown to the public

Prepare to be really annoyed then. The next update will likely be in the 2024 and Beyond video other than the occasional "Nick loves the Hellcat" when people ask about progress. Oh, welcome to DCS

• Like 3

4 minuti fa, 71st_AH Rob ha scritto:

Prepare to be really annoyed then. The next update will likely be in the 2024 and Beyond video other than the occasional "Nick loves the Hellcat" when people ask about progress. Oh, welcome to DCS

we'll see about that... I'm confident that we'll get some updates this year

Who had the highest success rate in the war? HellCat or Corsair?

The statistics are overwhelmingly to the Hellcat’s favor - in kills vs. loss and in particular total number of kills.

On paper, the Hellcat is close to the Corsair but slightly inferior overall. However, real life does not work this way and many parameters that we as simmers or armchair tacticians tend to  ignore are actually what makes the greater difference in the grand scheme of things. So, if you want to win a duel - pick the Corsair. If you want to win a war - pick the Hellcat.

In the Hellcat Grumman have produced a masterpiece of a well balanced design, fit for purpose. The result was greater than the sum of its parts.

This does not take away anything from the Corsair, not at all. During the war it was a great land based fighter and it kept developing to a real monster past the war. It just wasn’t what the Navy needed.

Edited by Bozon
  • Thanks 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

59 minutes ago, Bozon said:

The statistics are overwhelmingly to the Hellcat’s favor - in kills vs. loss and in particular total number of kills

When looking at this numbers the overall strategical situation has to be taken into account. The Hellcat amassed most of these kills during the push trough the Central Pacific in 1944. By then most of the experienced IJN pilots were already dead, killed at Midway or during the war of attrition in the Solomons in 1942/43. Their wartime replacements weren't nearly as well trained and now had to face numerically superior US forces. It wasn't called the Great Marianas Turkey Shoot for nothing. The F4U entered combat more than half a year before the Hellcat. After the hard fighting during the Solomons campaign in 1943, the F4U squadrons on the other hand hadn't much opportunity for aerial combat in 1944*, doing mostly ground attack missions in support of the Marines from shore bases. This only changed in early 1945 when F4Us were based on USN carriers in numbers.

* 179 USN/USMC F4Us were lost in aerial combat during WW2. 86, or 48% during the 11 months of combat in 1943, 48 during the entire year of 1944 and another 45 during just 7.5 months of 1945.

Edited by Cunctator
  • Like 1

Absolutely cannot wait for the Hellcat to make the scene! After the 2023 and Beyond trailer yesterday, I had to take her up for a spin out of Pearl Harbor yesterday after work.  If you want to practice and get a feel for her before she gets to DCS, Flying Iron has done a great job.  Thanks again ED for making every year better for my virtual aviation dreams.  No one can compete! And also, great job on the video production this year, it has become an opening release film.  There was almost 5,000 people waiting to see it before the video started on YouTube, including this guy skipping out on a meeting at work for 8 minutes. 

Here is a little Corsair love as well.  Could not leave her out after the trailer either.  Whistling Death is by far my favorite aircraft! Counting the hours till I can hit the purchase option on the store. 

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 1

i too have the flyingiron F6F. great aircraft, but to me it feels a little too fast, what do you think?

17 ore fa, Devil 505 ha scritto:

Absolutely cannot wait for the Hellcat to make the scene! After the 2023 and Beyond trailer yesterday, I had to take her up for a spin out of Pearl Harbor yesterday after work.  If you want to practice and get a feel for her before she gets to DCS, Flying Iron has done a great job.  Thanks again ED for making every year better for my virtual aviation dreams.  No one can compete! And also, great job on the video production this year, it has become an opening release film.  There was almost 5,000 people waiting to see it before the video started on YouTube, including this guy skipping out on a meeting at work for 8 minutes. 

Here is a little Corsair love as well.  Could not leave her out after the trailer either.  Whistling Death is by far my favorite aircraft! Counting the hours till I can hit the purchase option on the store. 

i too have the flyingiron F6F. great aircraft, but to me it feels a little too fast, what do you think?

1 hour ago, NineLine said:

No doubt FlyingIron did a great job with their Hellcat, but Nick has owned a Hellcat and it is one of his favorites to fly. Due to this, we want to do the Hellcat ourselves. Thanks all.

6 hours ago, MLGSwagPilot said:

I agree with NineLine on this one.  I think FlyingIron did a great job but I am really fired up the ED is doing this one.  I remember hearing in an interview a while back Nick had flown one and always wanted it in DCS.  So this was not completely unexpected but unexpected.  Really fired up we are starting to see more of the Pacific War come to DCS. 

There was so much shown for the future of DCS in the 2023 Beyond trailer, I hesitate to say I want anything else right now because that would just be ungrateful.....................BUT! LOL.  Makes me wonder who will pick up the P-38 at some point.  She was a multi campaign girl that would fit perfect in all WW2 Theaters for DCS right now.  Flying her in VR regardless of the sim is always a very impressive experience, especially when flying with a squadron and you are all rolling in on a ground target together.    

I am a very happy customer with what we have coming for 2023 and would not ask for more right now.  There is so much coming and so much I am currently working on in the sim.  I cannot thank ED and the third party Devs enough for what they do for us.  To say they have made my aviation dreams come true falls very short of how I really feel every week, sometimes every day, jumping into DCS and taking to the skies in VR.  Right now I fly at minimum every Thursday with the boys either mastering the A-10, F-18, or Apache.  Last night was a show doing a CSAR mission in the A-10's.  Limped back with one engine do to my wingman misidentifying me as a threat. She takes a sidewinder like a champ! 

ED has a life long loyalty pass from me.  They have created more than a flight sim, they have created a community from every corner of the globe with the same passion for aviation.  I am proud to be a part of that crowd and these online discussions.  No other hobby would let me cross paths with current and former professionals teaching us how to fly what they did in the military.  It is an honor to converse and be a part of those groups.  Thanks again ED for everything, and here is to a bigger 2023 and life long continued passion for military aviation!