So,whats going on with this then ?

badger7966

7 hours ago, badger7966 said:

About a year or more ago there was some news about some of the systems had been done and they were about to start addressing the flight characteristics.....and then nothing.

Anybody got anything to add to this please ?

You missed this on your way in.  Lot's of cool stuff.

• Like 5

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't been following these guys on discord, this plane has high chances of being one of the best modules for fidelity so far, they have full access to a complete and functional A-7D including a running engine with a full set of complete manuals.  University of Tulsa has it and uses it for their aviation and research programs, it's kept in workable condition. 

They've given the team access and technical support.  You can't ask for a better basis for a simulation.  They can spend more time implementing over research or learning how the systems work, easier when one has actual working systems to mimic. 

• Like 12

It looks like these guys are a big name in the civilian sim community, too. I'm really looking forward to the A-7E, the SLUF is really going to rock at this rate. It's not the most complex aircraft in the world, but that's good, I like primitive systems. 🙂The A-7E is from a period that's got just the right amount of electronic aids not to make it too easy, but still assist you in getting the job done, as opposed to warbirds where just about everything is done by feel and sight picture. Plus, landing this thing on a carrier is going to be something. 

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 8:20 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

It looks like these guys are a big name in the civilian sim community, too. I'm really looking forward to the A-7E, the SLUF is really going to rock at this rate. It's not the most complex aircraft in the world, but that's good, I like primitive systems. 🙂The A-7E is from a period that's got just the right amount of electronic aids not to make it too easy, but still assist you in getting the job done, as opposed to warbirds where just about everything is done by feel and sight picture. Plus, landing this thing on a carrier is going to be something. 

It's still pretty complex though. At least as complex as the Tomcat. Man those to are going to be quite the pair. But it's got an INS, a form of CCIP, I'm pretty sure a form of CCRP, AGR, TV guided weapons, Multiple ARMs including the HARM, Mavericks, RWR, countermeasures, Multiple radios, a restored HUD, and a moving map display. Unfortunately all that is taking some time to model. I'm still holding out hope for this year. But I admit it's a long shot. Still I agree that this bird sits in a great spot technologically. Most of its weapons are free fall iorn bombs. Those, rockets, and the gun will be it's CAS weapons, and even some strike weapons. It isn't plaged with MFDs, with endless pages to memorize. It's going to cover almost the entire range of ground attack missions that were flown from the carrier. It's going to be an absolute beast of a Cold War bird. I would say this is my second most eagerly awaited module. The F-4E is my first. For the reasons you stated above, you get enough assistance to do things like kill tanks reliably, and hit pinpoint targets like a single building or bridge. But you still have to get in there to do it in most cases. The late cold War in DCS is going to be absolutely epic. 

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, FlankerKiller said:

It's still pretty complex though. At least as complex as the Tomcat. Man those to are going to be quite the pair. But it's got an INS, a form of CCIP, I'm pretty sure a form of CCRP, AGR, TV guided weapons, Multiple ARMs including the HARM, Mavericks, RWR, countermeasures, Multiple radios, a restored HUD, and a moving map display. Unfortunately all that is taking some time to model. I'm still holding out hope for this year. But I admit it's a long shot. Still I agree that this bird sits in a great spot technologically. Most of its weapons are free fall iorn bombs. Those, rockets, and the gun will be it's CAS weapons, and even some strike weapons. It isn't plaged with MFDs, with endless pages to memorize. It's going to cover almost the entire range of ground attack missions that were flown from the carrier. It's going to be an absolute beast of a Cold War bird. I would say this is my second most eagerly awaited module. The F-4E is my first. For the reasons you stated above, you get enough assistance to do things like kill tanks reliably, and hit pinpoint targets like a single building or bridge. But you still have to get in there to do it in most cases. The late cold War in DCS is going to be absolutely epic. 

Yeah I wouldn't expect this year at all IMO. Maybe next year.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 3/6/2023 at 4:22 PM, Harlikwin said:

Yeah I wouldn't expect this year at all IMO. Maybe next year.

Who knows, they are so tight lipped. They definitely made some massive progress last year. But I think you are probably right. But here's hoping. Hopefully we will have a Phantom soon to scratch the cold war itch. Whenever the A-7 is ready it'll be an instant buy for me. My personal wish list is in this order. 

A-7E

F-4E

SU-17/22

Mig- 23MLA

AH-1W 

A late Cold War AH-1

This obviously not not the order I expect them to be released. And not the only titles I would buy. Honestly I can't think of any cold war aircraft that I wouldn't buy. I put the A-7E at the top because I prefer specialized aircraft, and it pairs so well with the A model Tomcat. Both from a mission building perspective and a game play perspective. Being able to fly a mission from both the air to air side and the strike, SEAD, CAS side will be a blast. Especially for me. I'm one of the weirdos that doesn't find dropping GPS guided weapons all that interesting. 

• Like 7

On 3/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, FlankerKiller said:

Who knows, they are so tight lipped. They definitely made some massive progress last year. But I think you are probably right. But here's hoping. Hopefully we will have a Phantom soon to scratch the cold war itch. Whenever the A-7 is ready it'll be an instant buy for me. My personal wish list is in this order. 

A-7E

F-4E

SU-17/22

Mig- 23MLA

AH-1W 

A late Cold War AH-1

This obviously not not the order I expect them to be released. And not the only titles I would buy. Honestly I can't think of any cold war aircraft that I wouldn't buy. I put the A-7E at the top because I prefer specialized aircraft, and it pairs so well with the A model Tomcat. Both from a mission building perspective and a game play perspective. Being able to fly a mission from both the air to air side and the strike, SEAD, CAS side will be a blast. Especially for me. I'm one of the weirdos that doesn't find dropping GPS guided weapons all that interesting. 

Yes, i'd put it above the Phantom too on my wish list because its just an absolute bomb truck. I'd also dearly love to see a properly done A-6E (not a plane I ever remember being done much in any level of sim).

• Like 1

This will be a first day buy for me as well along with the A-6E. Really looking forward to the A-7. I remember watching Colorado NG A-7s doing bombing runs down at Ft Carson when I was in the Army in the 80's. Also got buzzed by a pair that were about 100ft AGL in South Park Colorado... so damm cool!

• Like 2

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

On 3/13/2023 at 6:00 PM, bfr said:

Yes, i'd put it above the Phantom too on my wish list because its just an absolute bomb truck. I'd also dearly love to see a properly done A-6E (not a plane I ever remember being done much in any level of sim).

Definitely! I'm hoping Heatblur is warming it up. It'll be a while, but hay this is DCS. Having an A-6E with the built in pod would give us the full capability of the 1980s carrier. All three jets were ment to interoperat and support one another. Actually I would say the the Tomcat and SLUF were there to get the Intruder to the target. The technology level would be perfect for game play. And if the Intruder dose come it'll likely be at the end of a list of cold war modules already in the works. Who knows we might be able to play out some vary interesting cold war scenarios. The SLUF will get us a vary versatile strike platform. An Intruder would give us the anti ship and deep penitrateor precision strike platform. Virtual freedom inbound. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2023 at 11:00 PM, bfr said:

That's not 100% correct. There was a flight sim in 1990, called: "Flight of the Intruder". It featured an A-6 besides a F-4.

• Like 3

--- blue plasma ---

3 hours ago, blue_plasma said:

That's not 100% correct. There was a flight sim in 1990, called: "Flight of the Intruder". It featured an A-6 besides a F-4.

I probably missed that by about a year (I think I started PC gaming in about 91 or 92).

7 hours ago, bC3660 said:

I seem to remember one called Wings over Vietnam. It had the A-6, A-7, A-4, F-4, and F-8

How could I forget about WoV... 😱 This means going to bed without diner for a week at least!!!!

--- blue plasma ---

Then again Tk´s series (Strike Fighters and Wings over...) were not really "study sims" more on the "light sim" side.

Flight of the Intruder was top of the line in its day, it even simulated ground clutter for the Phantoms radar if you pointed down.

On 3/8/2023 at 7:18 PM, FlankerKiller said:

My personal wish list is in this order. 

A-7E

F-4E

SU-17/22

Mig- 23MLA

AH-1W 

A late Cold War AH-1

Mine is VERY similar with order shifted, and a few different things.

F-4E is first

Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 either shares first place or is a very close second

A late Cold War AH-1, either F or W, with leaning a bit closer to W

A-7E

MiG-27K

A-6E

MiG-23MLA

Jaguar

well there's a lot more, but these are the top for me right now.

Edit: I forgot, also DRAKEN oh I want that a lot, and Kfir, and Mirage III

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On 3/13/2023 at 5:00 PM, bfr said:

The Intruder is in the works from Heatblur they have posted on it being a confirmed module from them on a couple different forums. That being said it's not going to be cruising the DCS sky's for a few years at best. They have the Tomcat to finish, an unreleased AI KA-6 tanker that's been hiding in the clouds some were, the Phabulous Phantom quite obviously, working with True Grit on the Typhoon, and a couple unannounced projects that could come before or after the Intruder.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

4 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

The Intruder is in the works from Heatblur they have posted on it being a confirmed module from them on a couple different forums. That being said it's not going to be cruising the DCS sky's for a few years at best. They have the Tomcat to finish, an unreleased AI KA-6 tanker that's been hiding in the clouds some were, the Phabulous Phantom quite obviously, working with True Grit on the Typhoon, and a couple unannounced projects that could come before or after the Intruder.

The Intruder I seem to recall they said they were working on an AI version a couple of years ago with a flyable module to eventually follow. I can't even remember the last time I heard where the AI version was up to, so i'm certainly not expecting a full module any time soon!

20 hours ago, bfr said:

The Intruder I seem to recall they said they were working on an AI version a couple of years ago with a flyable module to eventually follow. I can't even remember the last time I heard where the AI version was up to, so i'm certainly not expecting a full module any time soon!

Prickly Hedgehog just posted that Heatblur has announced that the Ai Intruder is coming this summer, and that the full fidelity E model is going into development in parallel with the Eurofighter. They said that they did alot of work to streamline their production cycle. That combined with recent advances in Ai's ability to code and it might be sooner then you think. Development time-lines are certainly compressing in the last few years. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WinterH said:

Mine is VERY similar with order shifted, and a few different things.

F-4E is first

Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 either shares first place or is a very close second

A late Cold War AH-1, either F or W, with leaning a bit closer to W

A-7E

MiG-27K

A-6E

MiG-23MLA

Jaguar

well there's a lot more, but these are the top for me right now.

Edit: I forgot, also DRAKEN oh I want that a lot, and Kfir, and Mirage III

I just really love the Sluff. A Mig-27K would be amazing. Maybe get an 80's Su-25 on there too. 

Su-17/22

Mig-23MLA

Mig-21bis

Mi-24P

Is already a strong lineup. And they are ether there or in the works. 

The Mig-27K would be epic. Honestly I'm surprised Heatblur didn't tackle that one. It's right inline with the Viggen in mission and technology. Well the Mig has some king of built in Camara I believe and a laser. I can just imagine coming in low and fast to pop up and get the ARMs off to clear the way for the Su-17s to come in and lay waist to a battlefield. 

To bring it back to the Sluff having these red jets over the AOR is going to or would make it so much better. IRL the SLUFF never got an A2A kill. But it certainly could make a turn or two before bleeding off its energy. And it would certainly be in the same places that Mig-27s and Su-17s would be operating. I wish Flying Iorn would keep up.a little more in the loop. But when they do a release it's impressive. Let's just hope that the SLUFF is coming along. Because the Cold War is about to go hot in DCS and the virtual Ragan era navy needs its light attack and SEAD bird so it can properly bring freedom to the virtual world. 

Am 5.5.2023 um 21:23 schrieb FlankerKiller:

Prickly Hedgehog just posted that Heatblur has announced that the Ai Intruder is coming this summer, and that the full fidelity E model is going into development in parallel with the Eurofighter. They said that they did alot of work to streamline their production cycle. That combined with recent advances in Ai's ability to code and it might be sooner then you think. Development time-lines are certainly compressing in the last few years. 

Oh wow, Heatblur is gonna do an A-6? Thats great to hear!

Maybe its a niche opinion, but flying the F-14 I actually liked how they implemented the AI co-pilot (or rather Rio/Wio/whatever, you know what I mean^^). Using him for spotting was quite interesting and intuitive. Sure I like my single seat planes and the UI could be a lot better, but it added an interesting dimension to the F-14.

So if we get HBs improved AI to the A-6, then it instantly becomes a lot more interesting to me!

Tho I supposed this A-7 will come a lot earlier. Might be quite intresting too, considering Ive gotten into DCS with the F-4E Mod.

Edited by Temetre

On 5/5/2023 at 1:42 PM, FlankerKiller said:

I just really love the Sluff. A Mig-27K would be amazing. Maybe get an 80's Su-25 on there too. 

Su-17/22

Mig-23MLA

Mig-21bis

Mi-24P

Is already a strong lineup. And they are ether there or in the works. 

The Mig-27K would be epic. Honestly I'm surprised Heatblur didn't tackle that one. It's right inline with the Viggen in mission and technology. Well the Mig has some king of built in Camara I believe and a laser. I can just imagine coming in low and fast to pop up and get the ARMs off to clear the way for the Su-17s to come in and lay waist to a battlefield. 

To bring it back to the Sluff having these red jets over the AOR is going to or would make it so much better. IRL the SLUFF never got an A2A kill. But it certainly could make a turn or two before bleeding off its energy. And it would certainly be in the same places that Mig-27s and Su-17s would be operating. I wish Flying Iorn would keep up.a little more in the loop. But when they do a release it's impressive. Let's just hope that the SLUFF is coming along. Because the Cold War is about to go hot in DCS and the virtual Ragan era navy needs its light attack and SEAD bird so it can properly bring freedom to the virtual world. 

I doubt there is much in the way of mig-27 docs floating around out there.

23Bn yeah doable, but it doesn't bring much capability over the 23MLA, and the Su-17M4 would be better.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).