So,whats going on with this then ?

badger7966

On 5/3/2023 at 1:49 AM, bC3660 said:

I seem to remember one called Wings over Vietnam. It had the A-6, A-7, A-4, F-4, and F-8

Ah, good shout. I don't think I bothered with the Vietnam one but did pick up Wings over Europe in a sale (which did do an A-7 as I recall).  That family was very much a 'lite' sim though as I remember it.

4 hours ago, Temetre said:

Oh wow, Heatblur is gonna do an A-6? Thats great to hear!

Maybe its a niche opinion, but flying the F-14 I actually liked how they implemented the AI co-pilot (or rather Rio/Wio/whatever, you know what I mean^^). Using him for spotting was quite interesting and intuitive. Sure I like my single seat planes and the UI could be a lot better, but it added an interesting dimension to the F-14.

So if we get HBs improved AI to the A-6, then it instantly becomes a lot more interesting to me!

Tho I supposed this A-7 will come a lot earlier. Might be quite intresting too, considering Ive gotten into DCS with the F-4E Mod.

Well you're in luck. The F-4E is coming soon with Jester 2.0. Hopefully the A-7E will release before the A-6E. But HB have stated that they have streamlined their production prosses a lot. The thing to remember is the F-14A, A-7E, and A-6E were all ment to work together. The A-7E did the SEAD, and CAS missions, as well as strike missions. It was a lighter and more expendable aircraft compared to the A-6E. The A-7E was used in the SEAD role in the Gulf of Sydria crises, operation Eldorado Cyanion, and Desert Storm. I like to think of it as the Tomcat and the SLUF were there to get the A-6E's to the target. They are going to be a hell a combination of jets. Considering the Modules that have already been announced or teased for these jets to go up against and it became apparent that this is going to be one hell of a module. Let's just hope they get it over the finish line and it dose truly represent this amazing little bird. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

I doubt there is much in the way of mig-27 docs floating around out there.

23Bn yeah doable, but it doesn't bring much capability over the 23MLA, and the Su-17M4 would be better.

Which version of the Su-17 did OctopusG teas? I know you were all in the discussion. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb FlankerKiller:

Well you're in luck. The F-4E is coming soon with Jester 2.0. Hopefully the A-7E will release before the A-6E. But HB have stated that they have streamlined their production prosses a lot. The thing to remember is the F-14A, A-7E, and A-6E were all ment to work together. The A-7E did the SEAD, and CAS missions, as well as strike missions. It was a lighter and more expendable aircraft compared to the A-6E. The A-7E was used in the SEAD role in the Gulf of Sydria crises, operation Eldorado Cyanion, and Desert Storm. I like to think of it as the Tomcat and the SLUF were there to get the A-6E's to the target. They are going to be a hell a combination of jets. Considering the Modules that have already been announced or teased for these jets to go up against and it became apparent that this is going to be one hell of a module. Let's just hope they get it over the finish line and it dose truly represent this amazing little bird. 

Oh yeah Im excited for the F-4E more than any other coming plane! Maybe except the Eurofighter. Actually a big reason I checked out the F-14 to see how well jester AI works.

Im sure all those planes will work greatly together, and Im looking forward to the early F-14A for some neat cold war missions! Tho I might have to set priorities what to buy, these modules are usually high quality, but very expensive!^^

Edited by Temetre

11 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

Which version of the Su-17 did OctopusG teas? I know you were all in the discussion. 

M4. Magnitude also teased a Su-22M4 afaik. And then there's SniperSVK on forum doing a Su-22M4 too. I personally prefer 17M4 but they are pretty damn close anyway.

As for the MiG-27 versions, since we seem to be getting some form of a Fitter M4 (which I love, it's the only thing I anticipate about as much as F-4E), the only MiG-27 that would bring something really interesting/different on top of Fitter would be the K, but I keep hearing documentation for it is very difficult to obtain. MiG-27K had a system that is somewhat similar (but older and less capable) than Shkval we know from Ka-50 and Su-25T. AFAIR it was called something like Kaira-27. So it had some on-board optical system, and AFAIK could even guide its own LGBs, though I guess the delivery profiles would be a lot more restricted than a TGP due to gimbal limits. There's also the party piece of GSh-30-6 but that's basically a meme anyway 😛 While the late Fitter also has a TV screen onboard, it is only for using with Kh-29T missile's seeker.

Otherwise, Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 offers greater payload, more varied and I think better SEAD capability, less but more reliable dakka with NR-30s maybe.

But I'm really, reeeaaaally looking forward to A-7E too! Another jet right down my alley! 🙂 So far it feels like it will be a great first release from FIS too!

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yeah but OctopusG can actually get a plane out. Also I would suspect theirs is the only one in production right now. The one in the video seemed to be well in to development. The only relevance that has to this thread is that in the SLUF we will likely encounter them. Which will be interesting. 

• 5 months later...