MiG-29A 9-12 question

Kunze13

Late in 2020 it was talked about that a MiG-29A 9-12 was in the works then confirmed, then in early 2021 it was confirmed that it was planned to accelerate development when BS3 was cancelled at the time, now BS3 is fully out and still zero word on the MiG-29A 9-12 and now the  Chinook is announced.

What is currently going on with the MiG-29? This sim has a plethora of blufor fixed wing and rotary full fidelity, the Hind was a very welcome addition and my current personal favorite, yet we have no redfor fixed wing full fidelity beyond 3rd gen, we could really use something for us redfor guys so what is up with the MiG-29A 9-12?

I don't still have all my sources but i do have these two.
https://stormbirds.blog/2020/12/18/eagle-dynamics-confirms-mig-29-9-12-development/

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/01/09/the-twin-fates-of-dcs-ka-50-blackshark-3-and-mig-29/

• Like 1

There are some rumors that Russian team members went to Dubai at some point since that post was made, specifically to get away from an increasingly unhinged government, but Wags said they have "other priorities" when asked about MiG-29, but they still want to do it.

Also, it's been said that, about RedFor modules "none of them were in a state suitable to be shown on video". It's possible he was talking about the upcoming Su-22M4 and the MiG-23 (which, sure enough, aren't anywhere near being able to be showcased), but it's also possible ED already has their own Russian aircraft in the pipeline, and that's what's taking priority over the MiG-29. We still don't know what the fixed wing team will be doing after Hornet and Viper are done. The Chinook is a helo and the Hellcat is a WWII aircraft, neither is the kind of stuff the team currently working on modern jets typically does.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest all can understand the issue with the government etc, but I've recently noticed that there are so many flanker and fulcrum pilots out there, and the 29 has got an awesome looking cockpit, fox3 and tws2.

I feel that if they only added ability to create waypoints from map/kneeboard as example with the viggen this would more than please most redfor pilots and cold war pilots, as also the rest of FC3 suffer with that also. 

As playing in mulitplayer without this feature is kinda meh.

The flight models, weapons and generally the models and textures are awesome and waypoint from map is kinda the only thing FC3 planes need. And I would imagine not a huge undertaking to impliment in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by shinobi61