RTX 4070 Ti DCS Benchmarks

13 hours ago, LucShep said:

You mean the numbers on screen displaying stats (OSD, On Screen Display), I presume?

If so, that's something you can arrange with a software program called RivaTuner, usually combined with MSI Afterburner.

Both these two programs come in one installer.
Download it only from their official webpage, avoid fake versions: https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner/graphics-cards

Among so many other ones on Youtube, here are a couple video tutorial guides on Afterburner+Rivatuner, to get in-game OSD:

I already had MSI Afterburner installed. I have followed the tutorial in this video and it mostly work. But I am not able to display min average max fps or 0.1% 1% fps. Only main fps and frametime

1 hour ago, jfri said:

I already had MSI Afterburner installed. I have followed the tutorial in this video and it mostly work. But I am not able to display min average max fps or 0.1% 1% fps. Only main fps and frametime

Well, maybe next time be more generous with words and explain yourself a little better...

It's a matter of checking the boxes on the parameters you want to see, right there, in Afterburner OSD options.
Plenty tutorials on the web and youtube vids if you find that difficult.

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

13 hours ago, LucShep said:

Well, maybe next time be more generous with words and explain yourself a little better...

It's a matter of checking the boxes on the parameters you want to see, right there, in Afterburner OSD options.
Plenty tutorials on the web and youtube vids if you find that difficult.

More detailed description of what I do. In MSI Afterburner under properties I select monitoring. Then I click the checkbox 'show in on screen display' for  the framerate options a total of seven and I choose to display text. And those are then listed as 'in OSD' in the list above like the variables that do get displayed. But only the two first (framerate and frametime) are displayed in the game.Have tried several different games.

On 1/7/2023 at 7:16 PM, Tiger-II said:

...or it could be that the 4070Ti is just rubbish, and it is more marketing hype by nVidia to justify people buying yet another overpriced, poorly performing card.

The 30xx cards were not that great vs. 2080, and I've not seen anything yet that makes me want to ditch my 1080.

You can't escape the fact the 4070Ti has extremely poor memory bandwidth vs. 3080. 192-bit vs. 384-bit makes the 4070Ti a joke.

Junk is junk, no matter what number you slap on it.

If you are only using flatscreen, the 1080 Ti is good enough, even up to around 4k, though it is definitely straining then. 

VR is where it falls flat on its face. 

On the 4070Ti, at least in the Il-2 testing it does seem to be a little worse than the 3080 in 4k, which probably means it's going to fall behind in VR as well. 

I'd expect a used 3090 to handle DCS VR a bit better than a 4070 Ti for the price. However, I'd also expect a 7900 XT to handle it better once/if AMD gets their driver support in order. That could be a year out though. 

That said, it does seem to be on par with the 3080 Ti/3090, and it is looking like AMD is mostly trying to clear their RDNA2 stock out before dropping the 7900 XT price. But it's really hard to recommend anything right now. 

Basically, if I've got the money to burn, the 4080 and 4090 are great cards for VR. The RDNA3 cards should, in the future, become good VR performers, but that day is not today. The 4070 TI seems marginal compared to last gen, but with the used market still being so high it's hard to recommend stuff. 

Maybe a 6950 XT if you have to buy now? Those are going for $700 now, while AMD clears stock out, and the RDNA2 drivers are a lot more mature than the RDNA3 ones.

Edited by Voyager
Ah the dread double post, my old foe...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Has anyone else tested the 4070ti or non ti? 

I have 3070 and it's quite poor in vr with its 8gb vram so I'm thinking about upgrading. Is the memory bandwidth really an issue with vr?

Upgrading to xx80 would require new psu too.

Edited by Blinde

• 2 months later...

I’ve been using a 4070ti for a few weeks now, combined with a 5800x3d and 64gb ram and a quest 3. 
I wanted a 4090 but it would have cost me an extra £1000 and I couldn’t justify it. 
Overall I’m pretty happy with it, I’m getting a smooth 36fps using mxaa x2, and everything looks pin sharp. 
I use debug tool to set fov at 0.8 and open Xr toolkit with turbo mode on. 
On occasion it will hit the the vram limit but if I turn textures down to medium it’s fine. 

I’m sure a 4090 would kick its ass but for what I spent I couldn’t really be happier. 

My 4070 Ti arrived today (2023/12/02). I'm doing some tests on 2k. For anyone interested:
(initially I was looking for 4070, but I took advantage of the Black and got a 4070 Ti)

Edited by Nazgûl

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.