Small problem with F-14 and ground crew interaction (wheel chocks not removeable via VAICOM)

Jayhawk1971

Hi,

it seems myself and others have a problem getting the ground crew to remove the wheel chocks on the Tomcat using VAICOM. The feature itself works fine through the F-menu.

Of note: the command itself is being recognized, and acknowledged by the crew chief ("Copy". "Wheel chocks are now removed"). He just doesn't do it. 😉 

Placing the wheel chocks does work with VAICOM, though (getting both acknowledgement and actual placement of the chocks).

I don't know if this is a known problem (Discord is not very research-friendly) or if this is still unreported.

Edited by Jayhawk1971

Hey, thanks for that. Yes it’s reported. Something to do with the new chocks logic on the Tomcat I assume. We have taken a bit of a break over the Christmas period from testing and coding. It’s on our list of things to tackle, along with some weird PTT actions on the Viggen, A4 some WWII modules and the KA-50. 
😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

I had same issue last week. I worked around it for the moment by just saying both things a second time (or was it a third time? Can't remember) ... finally they have been removed I can remember.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1