v1.2 Poll Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or F/A-18?

Dutch60

v1.2 Poll Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or F/A-18?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. v1.2 Poll Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or F/A-18?

Given that ED has limited amount of money and personel for V1.2, an F18 isn't going to happen unless you can muster 20,000 + people to vote. And they should also be willing to pre-order right afterwards.

I'd love an F18 with AFM but let's be realistic. ED can't afford to develope anything else.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Why would TFC/ED waste effort and money on an F/A-18, a Western aircraft that will be popular in that market, for a product that is no longer being supported by it's Western publisher?

Better to concentrate major efforts like including a flyable Hornet in the next simulation. Lock On is published in Russia/CIS by 1C and they have supported new add ons featuring Russian aircraft. As long as there is a market in Russia/CIS and 1C is willing to pay for the development then it makes sense to me that that is the way to proceed regarding Lock On.

A new simulation, being published independently is the way to go for more Western aircraft.

Just my opinion.

Carl

I Agree with you Carl....but in your opinion..........as an Player of Lock On

what yoou think about the Ka-50

Ed have limited resources.....what will get you hooked to Lock On until the next Ed project if they have to choose one of it

1-The Ka-50

or

2- Bether AI, Missiles FM/behavior, AFM to other aircrafts i mean an ENHACED Lock On .. sory for the poor english o dont know if you get the point

cya

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Why would TFC/ED waste effort and money on an F/A-18, a Western aircraft that will be popular in that market, for a product that is no longer being supported by it's Western publisher?

Better to concentrate major efforts like including a flyable Hornet in the next simulation. Lock On is published in Russia/CIS by 1C and they have supported new add ons featuring Russian aircraft. As long as there is a market in Russia/CIS and 1C is willing to pay for the development then it makes sense to me that that is the way to proceed regarding Lock On.

A new simulation, being published independently is the way to go for more Western aircraft.

Just my opinion.

Carl

hey - great idea

as long as it happens

we've got lock-on NOW - a sim down the road is... a sim down the road (approx 3 yrs out, I'd say)

mod lock-on with the hornet - we could have it in a year (?)

just wishing - i know NOTHING about sim development

...except being on the receiving end and seeing launch dates move to the right

IMHO, ED will make the Ka-50 in 1.2 for the reasons far from marketing principles.

It is the most easier to make on already existing base (for example, the Vikhr complex ).

The helicopter will completely exhaust current engine opportunities

IMHO, any fighter with the advanced model will be in new (not Lock On) project, on new engine and not earlier in a year after 1.2 relise i.e., in the beginning of 2007. :wink:

We scare because we care

Just my opinion.

Carl

I Agree with you Carl....but in your opinion..........as an Player of Lock On

what yoou think about the Ka-50

Ed have limited resources.....what will get you hooked to Lock On until the next Ed project if they have to choose one of it

1-The Ka-50

or

2- Bether AI, Missiles FM/behavior, AFM to other aircrafts i mean an ENHACED Lock On .. sory for the poor english o dont know if you get the point

cya

The Ka-50 is a logical choice, with respect to Lock On.

I believe that the majority of effort should go to the bigger potential market of doing a new sim that has a broad appeal to all markets and is controlled by TFC/ED without any entanglements from certain publishers.

All that effort toward better AI, etc. should be focused on the choice that provides the best future for the genre. In my opinion it should be in the next generation simulation from the talented staff at ED.

Just my opinion.

Carl

P.S. Your English is fine. Much better than my Portuguese. :)

That is apparently correct, although nobody knows how big the step from Lock On to the next engine is. Personally I hope they can reuse a lot of what's already in Lock On, as the engine still has enough life in it for some years, especially with some updates here and there. That should enable them to get a new sim out in the not too distant future - whatever that means in the end ;)

I still hope many of the remaining issues that are still present in 1.1 can be dealt with for 1.2 - the fact that the Ka-50 will not require dramatic avionics changes will hopefully free some development resources for other parts. That certainly wouldn't be the case with a Hornet :)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Not necessarily a new engine, but it would be quite an update. As a true multirole fighter, the Hornet has AG avionics like ground radar or the capability to drop LGBs. In addition the MFDs in the cockpit would require a new controller approach - it's not really practical to map each MFD button to individual keys. And as the naval aspect of Lock On is not too detailed yet, a Hornet addon should also feature an upgrade to that area, including new US ships.

None of that would be impossible to do, but combined those issues would make the Hornet one of the most complex plane addons that could be chosen.

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Re: F18 would be my choice

If you really want Western Block aircraft, hold on to your sticks. Fighter Ops is building the what may be the best sim ever. Go here and see! 8)

http://www.fighterops.com/

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but a few of us here are rather sceptical about Fighter Ops.

So far, what we've seen has been a great deal of talk about how good the sim's going to be, and what it's features will be. Compare with, for example, Jet Thunder, and it all seems a bit fishy.

If they can pull off Fighter Ops, great, fantastic, wonderful. I'm just a little sceptical about whether they can or not :wink:

ED are not going to do the F/A 18, its as simple as that.

However, I wonder why third party development could not do it using EDs LOMAC engine. Mind you, there is no money in Flight sims anyway so who really cares to develop anything. We would only moan and grown about this and that.

Not really worth the bother.

Mizzy

F18 Hornet!

Or a other US Fighter.

Because:

-the US Team has only 2 planes, the Rus got now 5 planes

-the Ka50 is a Heli not a plane

-the Ka50 would be to weak in online play(no chance against Fighters)

-only 1 Heli?

-the Rus got a carrier-plane(Su33), the US got none.

If ED makes helis, the should release a full version of a heli combat sim with Ka50, Hind, Apache, Commanche, Little Bird...

or combine with a Tank Sim.

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

I voted for Ka-50. Ka-50 would be the first true hleicopter flight simulator for the PC's! Longbow was a game, not a flight simulator!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

But 1 Heli in a Sim filled up with aircraft? This sounds poor!

Have you ever thought about the gameplay?

You have to travel hours to engage your target. But you will never reach because you will be shot down by a fighter.

Su25 vs. F15....hard to win

A10 vs. Mig29...hard to win

Ka50 vs. F15....nearly impossible to win

Ka50 vs. SAM-Site...good luck

A lonely Heli in a Aircraft Simulator would be a black sheep.

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

I voted for Ka-50. Ka-50 would be the first true hleicopter flight simulator for the PC's! Longbow was a game, not a flight simulator!

:axe: Longbow 2 is the best ever combat helicopter flight sim. Show me something better? Everything worked, collective, cyclic, autorotation and a good campaign to boot.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]