CPG Seat default camera position is too far forward and right

FalcoGer
Go to solution Solved by Floyd1212,

I don't know why this isn't reported yet, it's very blatantly obvious, or maybe it was, but I didn't find anything that seemed related. So here we go:

When entering the CPG seat, the default camera positon is very far forward and to the right of the center, to the point where you can't even see the buttons on the left MFD. This has been confirmed by multiple people that I spoke to.

To reproduce:

1. Disable head tracking or use rotation only head tracking device
  2. Enter aircraft
  3. Enter CPG seat
  4. Observe camera position

Workaround: Every time you enter the CPG seat in a new aircraft, use RCTRL + RShift + numpad to shift the camera default position.

Track attached.

Just a guess on my end is that It might have to do with an attempt to fix the CPG head 3d model position being stuck in the seat cushion, but the camera position was also moved, or moved instead.

CPG_head_pos_and_BRU_linked.trk

Edited by FalcoGer

This is dependent on your saved default camera position for the front seat.

When I load your track, and immediately after you switch to the front seat, my view looks like this.

image.png

After you move your camera to the left, my view looks like this.

image.png

You can modify and save your default view to correct this. I had fixed my view when it was too far to the left, and then when the patch was released that moved it to the right, I had to go in and move mine to the left, back to center.

2 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

This is dependent on your saved default camera position for the front seat.

When I load your track, and immediately after you switch to the front seat, my view looks like this.

image.png

After you move your camera to the left, my view looks like this.

image.png

You can modify and save your default view to correct this. I had fixed my view when it was too far to the left, and then when the patch was released that moved it to the right, I had to go in and move mine to the left, back to center.

How? Can you modify the default view in VR?

On 1/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, Floyd1212 said:

I posted some instructions in another thread here:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/298935-cpg-vr-view-is-off-center-to-the-l-side/?do=findComment&comment=5029995

I'm not sure how it works in VR; this may only work for flat-screen.

I'ma read that but I've tried to move position and save as default. In VR. No luck, it always goes back to being hunched over the tedac. Luckily this is not game breaking and it's just annoying.

• Like 1

To kind of add to this, I don't know if this was always the case but when you switch to the CPG seat and look at the mfd and tads, everything seems to be shifted to the left in relation to the actual seat in the cockpit instead of everything being centered. Has it always been like this because I'm just now noticing it?

5 hours ago, bgrade said:

To kind of add to this, I don't know if this was always the case but when you switch to the CPG seat and look at the mfd and tads, everything seems to be shifted to the left in relation to the actual seat in the cockpit instead of everything being centered. Has it always been like this because I'm just now noticing it?

This has always been the case and is correct, the TADS is not on the same centerline as the seat.

Not the most crisp picture, but the first I found where it is visible:

ah-64d-apache-longbow-vadim-pavlov.jpg

(on the right side, you'll clearly see how much offset there is in the CPG seat)

Recently ED corrected the default CPG head position to match the center of the seat. Before/at EA launch, they centered the default CPG view on the TADS. So perhaps that's why you've only noticed it now.

Current default CPG position is much better imo. Although personally, I think it should be a bit further backwards and up or down (can't remember now), as currently it is still impossible to easily perform the IHADSS alignment without having to move your head to a very unnatural position in VR.

Edited by sirrah
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

6 hours ago, sirrah said:

This has always been the case and is correct, the TADS is not on the same centerline as the seat.

Not the most crisp picture, but the first I found where it is visible:

ah-64d-apache-longbow-vadim-pavlov.jpg

(on the right side, you'll clearly see how much offset there is in the CPG seat)

Recently ED corrected the default CPG head position to match the center of the seat. Before/at EA launch, they centered the default CPG view on the TADS. So perhaps that's why you've only noticed it now.

Current default CPG position is much better imo. Although personally, I think it should be a bit further backwards and up or down (can't remember now), as currently it is still impossible to easily perform the IHADSS alignment without having to move your head to a very unnatural position in VR.

Excellent thank you!