No show in 2023 and beyond

Toga10

It's a shame you guys didn't show off the typhoon, I, and many others were really looking forward to seeing it again. I understand you guys like to play your cards very close to the chest so to speak and it will be ready when its ready, but a proper update or at least showing something new can't hurt, right? there hasn't been any new news on it for over 6 months and no meaningful updates since the announcement trailer. even though people are saying it's still alive it doesn't feel that way. Dont get me wrong seeing the phantom in all of its glory was very good and it looks absoulutly stunning but not seeing the typhoon took away from that for a bit. I think this can be taken as a sign that we will not be seeing a release this year which is not particularly surprising.

just my take, whats everyone elses thoughts on this? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

I guess it worked for Heatblur with the F-4 not to heat up the hype train. And probably the Typhoon is more a 2024/25 module. So I for one wasn't too surprised.

from what they've showed it seemed like they would be able to show it if they wanted to

I posted this in the release date thread. Looks like they aren't planning on a eurofighter release this year.

We believe that 2023 will be a truly exciting year for all, with the introduction of eagerly awaited modules like the DCS: F-4E by Heatblur, DCS: F-15E by RAZBAM, DCS: OH-58D Kiowa Warrior by Polychop, DCS: F4U-1D Corsair by Magnitude 3, DCS: C-130J by the Airplane Simulation Company, new Mirage F1 versions by Aerges, DCS: Normandy 2.0 map by Ugra Media, the DCS: Sinai Map by OnReTech, and more! Please don’t miss to watch our 2023 AND BEYOND VIDEO!

Link

I'm not really surprised they didn't want the eurofighter in the vid. There is a certain segment of the community that takes appearing in the vid as a firm commitment that it's coming in the next twelve months and then starts screaming if it doesn't (despite the "xxxx and beyond" name). 

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 6