CJS Super Hornet Community Mod v2.2 - Official Thread

ERlBH5S.png

Download Skins | Discord | Youtube 

About Chiller Juice Studios and Update v2.0 

We are a group of aviation enthusiasts who have a passion for U.S. naval aviation. For the past two and a half years, we have attempted to recreate the FA-18E/F and EA-18G within DCS World, utilizing Eagle Dynamic's FA-18C systems and flight model. Until very recently, our mod was simply a model and texture replacement of the FA-18C. With update 2.0, the aircraft will now have their own slots, allowing for carrier operations alongside Eagle Dynamic's FA-18C. 

Features

• Full complement of Functional AA and AG ordinance 
  • Standalone slots (Doesn't replace FA-18C)
  • FA-18E Super Hornet
  • FA-18F Super Hornet
  • EA-18G Growler
  • NEW Super Hornet Audio Expansion, made by Echo 19 Productions: Here

FAQ
1. Is the mod standalone or based on the FA-18C?

The mod is based on the FA-18C you must buy the Official Module, But it does not replace the FA-18C.

2. Are liveries included in the download? 

No, we decided to save space and include the liveries in a separate Mega folder: Here  

3. Is there a paintkit?

Yes! Here

4. Do all the weapons function the same as the FA-18C? 

Yes! The mod uses ED FA-18C system code, which means every system and weapon that works on the FA-18C works with our mod. 

5. Will the FA-18F and EA-18G ever have multicrew? 

Possibly. The IDF team's fantastic Sufa Mod has shown the community that it is possible to add multicrew functionality to ED aircraft. However, our team is preoccupied with career obligations, and this task would take a substantial amount of work. 

6. Will the mod have a new cockpit? 

The mod currently uses ED's FA-18C cockpit, with an artificial UFCD overlay. However, this may change in the future. 

7. Does this break integrity check? 

Yes, since this mod still relies on edited FA-18C files, it will break IC. 

8. Does this mod have more pylons than the FA-18C?

Not really. We are limited by ED's FA-18C system code, so we can only have a certain number of weapon stations that can only employ certain weapons. 

9. Is the mod OVGME compatible? 

Yes it is!

10. Why isn't this mod standalone? 

Please reign in your expectations. We are not a professional studio full of dozens of paid programmers and modelers. We are three like-minded individuals who create DCS content on our free-time, without any profit.

Join Our Discord!

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

21 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

So... if this only requires that I own the Hornet, and no longer replaces the Hornet, does that mean I can put it in the mods folder? Or does it still require me to over-write the existing Hornet files?

It still installs into the main DCS directory, and replaces a few of the hornets files. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

1 hour ago, SilentSparrow said:

Question: I have seen that the outboard pylons can hold weapons now. Can they fire the weapons? Also, are any of the pylons removed?

right cheek station is disable, the Mics station now will hold the centerline fuel tank, and two inner most stations are mostly compatible with fuel tanks, missiles still kinda work with them but not so much for bomb

16 hours ago, EA-18G_BlockII said:

right cheek station is disable, the Mics station now will hold the centerline fuel tank, and two inner most stations are mostly compatible with fuel tanks, missiles still kinda work with them but not so much for bomb

What would happen if the CJS guys just said, "<profanity> it, throw the 11th and 12th pylons on"?

Now that the Super Hornet mod is so good, maybe they should start making their own standalone mod. It will seriously help post-2006 carrier ops.

One option to make it legit right there. If they can make their own FM, DM, and sub-systems, maybe they can work with ED to make it an expansion to the existing module

On 1/12/2023 at 4:46 AM, bennyboy9800 said:

It still installs into the main DCS directory, and replaces a few of the hornets files. 

But If it replaces those Hornet files what effect does that have on the F/A-18C?  

EDs F18 is my preferred Jet so very much don’t want to screw things up that’ll stop me flying the Hornet.  Maybe I don’t understand but just for a posh UFC, no extra pylons etc I think I’m gonna stay on safe side and stick with legacy!  

11 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

But If it replaces those Hornet files what effect does that have on the F/A-18C?  

EDs F18 is my preferred Jet so very much don’t want to screw things up that’ll stop me flying the Hornet.  Maybe I don’t understand but just for a posh UFC, no extra pylons etc I think I’m gonna stay on safe side and stick with legacy!  

I don't think it has any effect anymore. The F/A-18C and CJS Super Hornet can run simultaneously, too. So, you can fly the CJS Super Hornet if you're ok with removing it from the Mods folder once you want to play multiplayer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSparrow said:

I don't think it has any effect anymore. The F/A-18C and CJS Super Hornet can run simultaneously, too. So, you can fly the CJS Super Hornet if you're ok with removing it from the Mods folder once you want to play multiplayer.

Could we use OVGME mod manager and just deselect that to play in MP? 

22 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

I’m gonna stay on safe side and stick with legacy!  

I understand, modding isn't for the faint hearted. 

1 minute ago, Semaphore said:

Could we use OVGME mod manager and just deselect that to play in MP? 

Yes.

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

39 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

the only hornet file it replaces is the entry.lua, which is where aircraft are declared for the sim.

and it doesnt replace anything for the legacy, but rather adds entries for the 3 Super Hornet declarations for the sim to see the SH Files,

If you merge the Folders from the mod w/ the sim, the only file you'll be overwriting is the entry.lua,

The Legacy hornet remains 100% fully functional and intact, Make a Backup Copy of the folders, and you can easily restore it if you have any problems,

the only thing the mod does is Cause Integrity Check fault for Online servers.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yes, Buddy Tanker has been working for a long, long time now.

Ok...so now I have to ask.  Is it just in this mod?   Reason I'm asking is I was beating my head against the wall putting together triggers and such in a mission to recreate A4 buddy tanking and was told by a few people that there's no way for anything other than the KC 130/135 or S3 and the russian one to tank.

Don't Panic!

30 minutes ago, 42jeff said:

Ok...so now I have to ask.  Is it just in this mod?   Reason I'm asking is I was beating my head against the wall putting together triggers and such in a mission to recreate A4 buddy tanking and was told by a few people that there's no way for anything other than the KC 130/135 or S3 and the russian one to tank.

We had to create a separate AI mod for the tanker, based on the S-3 Viking. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

38 minutes ago, Kevstosmart said:

What a mess…. Aim120s declared on centerline pylon ? This took a turn to the worse 

There are no AIM-120 on the centerline pylon. The pylon positions in the weapons loadout screen are shifted, yes, so it is a little confusing in the first moment but on the plane the weapons are all on their right places. That was the only way to get the outer wing pylons work (and that was the main point of criticism of many users, that these pylons are not functional). The right cheek station is sacrificied to the inner right wing pylon (so you can only fire one missile from there no matter how many you have hanged on it) and the centerline station is sacrificied to the inner left wing station (so you can only drop bombs from there). The new centerline pylon is a miscellaneous station now. Because of the restrictions of the official F/A-18C module that's the only solution to fullfill the wishes of the users. 

Edited by Ithronwise

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro