screenshot or photo?

Wiggy
Go to solution Solved by Doughguy,

• 11 months later...

I came across an interesting graphic, although the US Hellcat against the He-111 background is probably a fake? 😁 I've never heard of such a situation.

Eurocat-scaled.jpg

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 1/11/2024 at 6:31 PM, Gunfreak said:

Unlike the Corsair the Hellcat did bag a few Hun planes. But by far the US navy fighter with the most hun kills was the humble F4F/Martlet 

Didn’t Brit FAA Hellcats get a few Luftwaffe kills?

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

18 minutes ago, Bozon said:

Didn’t Brit FAA Hellcats get a few Luftwaffe kills?

FAA Hellcats shot down 52 enemies though most were in the Pacific.

I can't find the number of FAA kills for the Wildcat,  but it shot down its first in December 1940 and last 4 in March 45. So I assume they did quite a lot of damage in 4 years of active service.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 1/10/2024 at 7:15 PM, YoYo said:

I came across an interesting graphic, although the US Hellcat against the He-111 background is probably a fake? 😁 I've never heard of such a situation.

Eurocat-scaled.jpg

This is a photo composite. The Heinkels seems to belong to the rest of the background but the plane in the foreground seems to be a composite to either a computer render and photography or a heavily edited photograph. The Hellcat in the foreground feels too off from being a photo.

-Unfitting blur on its rudder edge while no blur on any other edge at that orientation, on the exception of the rockets fins. But not present on the antennas.

-Pilot seems to be from another source of image taken from real life given a miss match of resolution between the pilot and the canopy frame.

-The dome shell seems to be miss aligned to the engine in a upwards orientation instead of centered (indicates editing). A fine example of what it should be is from the photography above on this thread.

-It is a very weird angle for a photo to be taken in combat with two enemy bombers in the background. Perfect for a game cover photo but perhaps too absurd in real life.

-Not realistic stencil reflections on the leading edge of the wings where the surface reflections would be pointed to the sky and not the fuselage itself given its geometry.

Just what I can point out from the surface. The whole bottom fuselage lighting seems off and too computer generated too. It doesn't look like AI but a good old render+photo composite like the ones we used to see on video game box covers.

• Like 1