Liveries wish list

carss

I'd really like to see some liveries from VA-81 Sunliners and VA-83 Rampagers from one of their cruises aboard the USS Forrestal.  From seaforces.org on VA-81, From July to August 1974, VA-81 operated from USS Forrestal in the vicinity of Cyprus following a coup in that country and its invasion by Turkish forces. Surveillance and cover missions were flown by the squadron during the crisis.

VA-81 embarked in Forrestal from May to June 1981, operating in the eastern Mediterranean following Israeli reprisal raids against Syrian missile batteries located in southern Lebanon. 

These would fit great on the Syria map in my opinion and help flesh out the Forrestal deck.

b20c3660c28d6cf59e60ab83bce65121.jpg

p1861666172-4.jpg

loading-window.png

• Like 10

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

On 1/14/2023 at 4:54 PM, Stackup said:

I'd really like to see some liveries from VA-81 Sunliners and VA-83 Rampagers from one of their cruises aboard the USS Forrestal.  From seaforces.org on VA-81, From July to August 1974, VA-81 operated from USS Forrestal in the vicinity of Cyprus following a coup in that country and its invasion by Turkish forces. Surveillance and cover missions were flown by the squadron during the crisis.

VA-81 embarked in Forrestal from May to June 1981, operating in the eastern Mediterranean following Israeli reprisal raids against Syrian missile batteries located in southern Lebanon. 

These would fit great on the Syria map in my opinion and help flesh out the Forrestal deck.

+1 to this, it would be good to get squadrons that go with our existing assets (I'd also go for VA-81 and VA-83 aboard Saratoga in the early-to-mid 80s, seeing as we're supposedly getting Saratoga further down the line, most likely in a post SLEP configuration).

Edited by Northstar98
grammar
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:43 PM, carss said:

Post pics of liveries you wish to see

I'd like to see this one from Desert Storm

A-7_02.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=37d32ed7dc92f9

^This... Plus a low-vis gray jet from the same squadron, Desert Storm please.

VA-22 Fighting Redcocks- 1988:

566d6823-34ca-5f0f-9f08-96b3bdf74012_large.webp

arc_1090_p1.jpg

usn_a-7e_corsair_ii_va-22_fighting_redcocks_operation_praying_mantis_1988_jc_wings_jcw-72-a7-003_scale_1-72.jpg

Edited by =DROOPY=
Clarification :)
  • Like 10

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 2:21 PM, yngvef said:

Obviously it needs a good mix of US Navy squadrons, but I also hope the few non-american operators will be represented: Thailand, Portugal and Greece (yes, they all used the A-7E version at one point).

The USAF also used some Corsairs in between so i sure hope those get added too. Albeit I believe it was the A-7D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

On 1/29/2023 at 1:13 AM, carss said:

The USAF also used some Corsairs in between so i sure hope those get added too. Albeit I believe it was the A-7D

That would be the A-7D, although it'd be nice to have the skins to play pretend, or for AI. Uniquely, changes between A-7D and A-7E were very few, basically the refueling probe, launch bar, Navy-style tires, antennas, some cockpit layout (not functionality) changes and that's it. I kind of hope they'll make the A-7D one day, since it'd be a 80% cosmetic change from the E (the remaining 20% being the gashole's aerodynamics and controls for it).

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

If the developer were clever, could they not release the skin basic ahead of schedule, so that those really gifted artists could do the work for them. Allowing the developer to remain focused on the flight model etc. The Forum then becomes a discussion pointy on which in-game provided skins we get as I am sure I'm gonna need a whole new drive (!) just to store the multitude of home made skins that6 are bound to accompany this release.

On 3/25/2023 at 9:26 AM, F1GHTS-ON said:

If the developer were clever, could they not release the skin basic ahead of schedule, so that those really gifted artists could do the work for them. Allowing the developer to remain focused on the flight model etc. The Forum then becomes a discussion pointy on which in-game provided skins we get as I am sure I'm gonna need a whole new drive (!) just to store the multitude of home made skins that6 are bound to accompany this release.

You'd end up with a lot of wasted effort, there's always areas on the model that have to be custom fitted, since the 2D texture gets stretched and wrapped around a 3D model.  There's a whole lot of distortions going on and they need to be compensated for.  Why they call it an art, takes some talent and a good eye to do it right.  Not possible to do without the model to continually check your progress as you work, what looks good and right on the 2D map doesn't on the model.  The developer is more clever than that.

CAG Jet...

va-25 fist of the fleet attack squadron a-7e corsair cvw-2 uss ranger cva 61

Line Jet...

va-25 fist of the fleet a-7e corsair carrier air wing cvw-2 uss ranger cva 61

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 1 month later...

image037.jpg

• Like 3

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

Pipe dream here, but for the USN side:

One "generic" livery for each represented squadron, with dynamic modexes, sans canopy names and sans ship name, to complement detailed liveries of specific airframes from specific cruises/time periods.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 10:55 AM, =DROOPY= said:

And I would also like to submit VA-72's ODS 'sister' squadron, the VA-46 Clansmen:

image027.jpg

image067.jpg

I like it. I wonder if they plan to incorporate the HGU-55 that the pilots wore at this time. It would be nice to have the "Desert Storm" option as well since the A-7E made it that far. 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

• 2 weeks later...