ATHS import

markturner1960

Hi, I am learning JDAMs and have Chucks guide and Pukin Dogs tutorials read and understood. 

However, when trying out in the sim, I cant get the targets I just set in the F10 to appear on the CAS or RECALL pages. I even bound a key to the  R CTRL+ Rshift+8 command, just in case my keyboard was not sending the correct info. 

I am doing this on the ground before the flight.

I used format #TP1 and also #TP01, pressing enter after each one and clicking out of the box using the X in the top RH corner.

Why are my targets not showing on the MFD pages or the kneeboard as they should please? 

I have also tried ( following Chucks guide religeously..) a TOO release. I get as far as designating the target, I have the initial JDAM symbology in the HUD as shown in his guide page, but dont get the LAR line in the EHSD, or the JDAM range indicator ( 2nd internal caret line) . When I press pickle, I just get the 4 diagonal lines.... I am in AG mode, MA on, JDAMS selected.....

Please put me out of my misery! 

Figuring out this stuff in the Harrier is an exercise in frustration, I love the module but why is learning its systems so difficult? There are so many updates and changes, most guides are out of date, its a nightmare......

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

19 minutes ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Can’t help you with first part. But for TOO release I designate with TPOD, then long press waypoint increment button for more than .8 seconds and then position the aircraft and get correct symbology in the HUD for release.

Correctamundo! This is the way.

Aaaaahhh….! That could be it! Let me try. Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have followed deephack's video that he pasted on this thread, but I still can't import any markpoints that I have made on the F10 map.  I was sat in the cockpit of my Harrier that's on the ground with engine running & with the INS fully aligned.  I have even reset the key binding for check map for targets to make sure its the correct key bind.     

On 1/16/2023 at 12:57 AM, 3000 Black Jets of Allah said:

If you are clicking out of the map marker box with the X then you are deleting that map marker. To close them you need to press the - instead. I hazard a guess that they're not importing because you're deleting them straight after you create them.

I've just put some markpoints on the F10 map and pressed the "-" when I finished typing in the TP#.  I closed the F10 map down but the markpoints still won't download to my kneeboard when I press Rshift+Ralt+8.

Has Razbam changed the format for the names of the markpoints on the F10 map?  I've been putting the names as T00, T01 etc.  This is what the various videos as well as Chuck's guide say to put the names of the markpoints as.      

2 hours ago, leg_iron said:

This is what the various videos as well as Chuck's guide say to put the names of the markpoints as. 

The latest version(s) of Chuck's AV-8B Guide has the updated ATHS Target Point F10 map format

AV-8B ATHS F10 Map Target Points - Chuck's Guide 2023-02-06.JPG

So it looks like you'll want to update your current copy to the latest version (6th Feb 2023).

https://chucksguides.com/aircraft/dcs/av-8b/

3 hours ago, leg_iron said:

I closed the F10 map down but the markpoints still won't download to my kneeboard when I press Rshift+Ralt+8.

Note that when imported,
• initially the target points will only appear on the CAS message list
• Target Points are only listed on the kneeboard AFTER the received "message" has been given a Target Point i.e. message list -> message detail -> use -> ODU T1, T2, etc. 

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

He did say he tried on the ground. When you're on the ground the points SHOULD be auto assigned as a T#, and if you do it in the air then you have to use the CAS page to assign them a T#.

The other thing I noticed that is slightly wrong from the Chuck's guide is that you don't need to name it #TP01, you can just do #TP1. No need to add a 0 to pad out the single digit points.