[REL] DragonRR's Worn, High Resolution, Russian Airbase Textures. THE COMPLETE SET!

DragonRR

I did have a quick look at making it compatible with Flaming Cliffs. It's possible but ED made some changes in Blackshark to improve the runways. From memory I think, for example, that the transparent overlay for the "scuff" marks isn't possible in FC and the textures are stretched more elsewhere. A forum member did contact me some months ago asking me if I would give my permission for him to convert. I said fine but that's the last I heard.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed all right on my rig. haven't got in teh cockpit yet so I can't say it works 100%, but it installed fine. So sharkpit, TR sound mod and my skins.

cheers!

pitbull

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes and no. CDDS file entries are written directly to graphics.cfg in ModMan 7.2 instead of the new, proper graphics_bs.cfg. The new version of ModMan will correct that. However if you manually mirror the changes to the new graphics_bs.cfg file OR deselect the "install as CDDS" option in the current ModMan then it uses the TempTextures method which is fine in 1.02 as is, then it works hunky dorey.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also a user of your great looking runway textures DragonRR, both in DCS:BS and FC2.0 :thumbup:

On approach to Krymsk AB in the 104th server

screenshot083x.jpg

refueling and rearming on the apron

screenshot087.jpg

Edited by Mustang

• 2 months later...

Hi, screenshots look awesome, I would love to have this installed but no matter what I try I cant get it to work, any ideas? I have your texture V3.0, the modman compatible one, using Modman 7.3 and BS version 1.02. Anyone have an idea what to do? I tried unchecking the ccds box but it was the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Hi, screenshots look awesome, I would love to have this installed but no matter what I try I cant get it to work, any ideas? I have your texture V3.0, the modman compatible one, using Modman 7.3 and BS version 1.02. Anyone have an idea what to do? I tried unchecking the ccds box but it was the same.

I did manage to get it installed myself. I think that my initial problem was that Modman wsn't working properly with 1.02 and was writing to the original .cfg file. However I think the version you are using is the correct one and should work. If I get chance I'll have a look at the .cfg file and post the settings for you to check.

Do you get the green check box in Modman when you install the mod... or is it red?

• Like 1

Yes, I should have been more clear, it gets a green check box in modman but once im inside the game the runway is still your old clean v1.0 mod, which was non modman and which I installed in temptextures and terrain, onlay. Sorry for not putting this in the first post. This could be the reason for my problems, having installed your clean version manually and then trying v 3.0 with modman, maybe this is the problem? When I remove your old clean ones from temptextures and terrain/onlay and THEN install v.3.0 via modman I still get the green box, but once ingame the runway and taxi etc are invisible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Yes, I should have been more clear, it gets a green check box in modman but once im inside the game the runway is still your old clean v1.0 mod, which was non modman and which I installed in temptextures and terrain, onlay. Sorry for not putting this in the first post. This could be the reason for my problems, having installed your clean version manually and then trying v 3.0 with modman, maybe this is the problem? When I remove your old clean ones from temptextures and terrain/onlay and THEN install v.3.0 via modman I still get the green box, but once ingame the runway and taxi etc are invisible.

Well.. as you probably know the temptextures files will overule other files/textures. You do mention "terrain\onlay". I'm pretty sure that my mod doesn't do anything at all in that folder. Maybe that is your problem? You have removed a required file?

Ok, I must apologise, I thought the first runway mod I installed was also yours, so it must have been very confusing :) Im very sorry, but just now I double checked and yeah, its not you who made the first one, its Necroscope, I got it from lockonfiles, and it has files to put in temptextures and one file to put in onlay. This runway skin works with no problem and it was non modman. But when I try to install yours, it wont show up ingame no matter if I remove the old Necroscope runway or not, I have tried every combination I could think of. The most probable is that I have broken something, right? I guess a clean install would fix this, unless anyone knows what else I should do, because right now I dont have the energy for a reinstall. (is there a way to keep your pilot and keymappings?)

Anyway I still hope there is an easy fix :) Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion!

Edit: I have read the readme again and I see now what the problem is, I should have taken a backup of that onlay file, which I didnt do! @"¤/"{${!!!

Edited by Sticky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes thats exactly the file. It said in Necroscopes runway install readme that I should take a backup of that file, with exclamation points, but I didnt :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed it! I mananged to get a copy of the file I had overwritten, this enabled me to properly remove the other mod that was "blocking" your mod, and now I can install your mod np, looks great :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks :) it was no problem just a matter of getting around to it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...