[REL] DragonRR's Worn, High Resolution, Russian Airbase Textures. THE COMPLETE SET!

DragonRR

Text good, font choice good, pictures good (top left would make an excellent desktop background!), merging bad.

And what is this about playing the game? I bet you did it while I was at work looking at crap websites thinking "muhahahahahah" didn't you?!?! :D

The idea was to give the appearance of staggered joints as in the mod.

Clearly graphic art is not your bag. I would suggest you stay well clear of graphical work in your chosen career. :megalol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job. Thank you very much sir.

SPARTAN1-1 Спартанец1-1

Dell XPS 630i / Windows 7 / Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 GHZ / 4 GB Corsair Dominator 1066/ NVIDIA 8800GT X 2 / Track IR 4Pro / X52 + Pedals

Dell Studio XPS 1647 / Windows 7 / Intel i7 620 @ 2.67 GHZ / 4 GB RAM / ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

Great work!!! Thanks :thumbup:

Just one question. In front of both aprons in Sochi, there should be a taxiway texture. Is it possible to use a other apron structure to change it?

I can't make any changes to the placement of textures. This is apparently just not possible at the moment. However I don't know how the Nellis field guys are doing their work. Maybe they know how.

The idea was to give the appearance of staggered joints as in the mod.

Clearly graphic art is not your bag. I would suggest you stay well clear of graphical work in your chosen career. :megalol:

LOL or you just didn't achieve the look you wanted...since when has concrete feathered? No I think you just thought up that it looked like that after the event :doh:

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL yeah, something like that. Shall we keep this conversation going? It keeps your post bumped, up there where it belongs.

It really is good work Draggon, it's obviouse you have spent a lot of time and effort on it. I just wish I had the time you have to do stuff. Here is another weekend that is nearly over and I still haven't had chance to play it...again!

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The packaging does'nt matter - It's what is inside that counts :)

Awesome work Dragon - found myself mowing the fringe of the active whilst staring at the Taxiways :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The packaging does'nt matter - It's what is inside that counts :)

Awesome work Dragon - found myself mowing the fringe of the active whilst staring at the Taxiways :thumbup:

I cant believe you shot me down this morning! :mad:

IM gonna have to look for you next time, buttercup. :megalol:

Using the old Russian style myself, excellent work.

thank you

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Oh bum!

I just fired up BS and realised I had removed your mod (due to an unrelated problem) so I fired up ModMan and then had this nagging feeling...like an idiot I haven't even been running the damn final version! I had it downloaded but never installed it. You being you though I thought I would re-download it off here in case you had made a few thousand updates since I originally got it.

Anyway it's nearly finished downloading now, so fly time here we come!

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I had a weekend of playing and I must say you did do a fine job.

Is this getting included in the forthcomming patch? It's surely up to the standard ED expect and is far superior to the current stock ones.

I take it your textures work across all season etc and don't have the pitfalls that the current BS skins do?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad you like it DTWD, Shrubbo & GratsaB :)

TBH I have no idea whether ED will want to include this in a patch release. I guess I would be flattered if they did. Certainly I've had no contact with ED about it.

No there are no issues with seasons although it took me awhile to figure out how to make that work with the Modman version!

• 2 weeks later...

ScreenShot_233.jpg

I've always had an issue with my method for blending in the runway edges. I noticed on the Simmod runway they do some old shabby looking white lining at the edges. The above shot is my current WIP (new work on the left compared to old work (gravel) on the right). I'm considering further aging of the KRAY white lining too. When I originally did it I decided that the line marking would be painted on a fairly regular basis on an active runway. Opinions anyone?