[REL] DragonRR's Worn, High Resolution, Russian Airbase Textures. THE COMPLETE SET!

DragonRR

woooooooooooooooow, amazing. . . i want to be the first! :-)

i love to seee the effort and that you are still work on this beautiful mod. can you please do it for the parking areas too? i don´t like the "version" on the of right side of your pic very much. . . and the parking areas has this "hard edge" or "gravel" too. . .

what do mean with aging or the white lining "KRAY"? which one is it?

Edited by flanker1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The right side is from V2.0 (the one you probably have!) the left is the new version.

The parking areas. I can't do much with these because ED use different bits for different airports.

I could move the white line edging on the taxiways to the edges although it doesn't look TOO bad atm ;) I might look at this.

The KRAY lining I refer to is the main white markings on the runway. Basically I decided (in v2.0) that the airbase staff would maintain the markings on a regular basis. Whether this is fair or not.. well I'm not sure....

Overall glad you like my current (WIP) change flanker1!

ahhh, ok - thank you for explaining. . . maybe it is a good idea with "KRAY". :-) it would be nice if you can show us your legendary before-after pics. . .

maybe - for a new work/mod (i pray to god i had your talent :-() i like th very special and realistic "feeling" of this mod´s surface. . . http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35500

and for a maximum of realistic - i would very happy to see/if you can do this (yes, ask it for the second time ;-)) - see my last pots at this topic. . . :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34524&page=2

thanks and regards,

flanker1

I like Necoscope's work. However my personal opinion is that it only works from a distance. Close up it is too "chequer board" for my liking.

Flanker. The tile matching only works in certain places, ED change the placement, nothing I can do to correct that.

A little dickie bird tells me that ED will probably be looking at this in the not too distant future!

Latest wip:

ScreenShot_234.jpg

ScreenShot_235.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still WIP, and not totally happy with my method for weathering the KRAY lines although I'm fairly happy with the edging. The problem I'm having is that the method I use for the edging just doesn't work as well for the much larger KRAY lines. Ah well.. Thoughts anyone? I should point out that I haven't touched the white landing lines yet, I have weathered the center runway lines which aren't very visible in the screenshot below.

ScreenShot_236.jpg

dragon, once more. . . fantastic work. extremely nice looking.

maybe i m to stupid today or i had a drink too much last night, but what exactly is the difference between your latest 2 screens?? :-)

after a seventh look - the second pic seems to be having more weathered markings. . . i prefer, no question. please, work with that one for an upcoming mod.

are there any furher questions from your side?

Great looking!

Leave it as it is - and continue with the taxi lines. Weathering looks (from those pictures) very nice indeed.......

Release a test version so peeps can have a closer look in real li.. *ehm* sim.

Greetings

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

Well these are near finished. There's a slight issue with the landing lines overlay which I've now fixed. There are some issues all really relating to the taxi roads:

As you may notice I've moved the outer lines right up to the outer edge of the road.

1. ED don't always use all of the texture and the line gets cut off early in a lot of cases. I can't fix this but I could move the lines back in again.. Personally I think it looks better even cut off.

2. The parking area overlays the taxi road (on this runway at least) this means that the white line is under the parking area texture.

I'm debating about the parking area and thinking of just darkening the lining rather than make it looks as "bad" as the taxi road and runway. That way there is variation in when the workers painted different areas.

ScreenShot_238.jpg

ScreenShot_239.jpg

ScreenShot_240.jpg

• Like 1

Beta:

NOTE: I've lightened the runway main texture. Opinions please :)

ScreenShot_241.jpg

Oh... and for those of you that would like to try it now while it's hot here's a link to the beta.

Readme:

Install my current V2.0 textures using modman.

Copy the files from the rar into your temptextures folder.

Something like:

C:\YOURPATH\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\TempTextures

You shouldn't find that anything is overwritten unless you are using the simmod terrain or my non-modman version.

To remove - delete the files from the temptextures folder.

MODMAN FINAL VERSION NOW UP - SEE PAGE 1

DON'T USE THIS LINK UNLESS YOU WANT A NON-MODMAN VERSION (and bare in mind that this is an older version too)

http://www.xeos.co.uk/Dragons_Airbase_Textures_V3.0_BETA.rar

EDIT: The files are actually dds files renamed to bmps and tgas. They aren't currently optimised but don't represent a massive video ram overhead.

Edited by DragonRR

very impressive to see the pictures from tady. . . wow. it´s nearly perfect.

regarding the lightning. . . i m quite unsure - any other opinions?

mabe you have to lighten all of the textures. . . and do 2 modes: the real dragon mode and a yellowish/ivory tarmac mode. . .

maybe an idea. . .

Hy DragonRR!

First of all - special THX :thumbup: , although we donґt keep staring at the runways that much, it makes this sim ( damn! Its NOT a simple GAME!) looking better and better....

Last decision concerning the different line intention within the parking areas was the right one!

Lighten the main runway looks more realistic to me too.

Looks like the next finalis ready to go!

Thx for sharing the beta & keep up the good work :thumbup:

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64