[REL] DragonRR's Worn, High Resolution, Russian Airbase Textures. THE COMPLETE SET!

DragonRR

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Poko the weathering was just too much at the lighter setting. Adjusted in the above screenshots.

So I either release the light version.. or the dark version.. or both (possibly). I'm really unsure myself.. Again comments please.

:) For me the textures are perfect now. Bring them in buddy. Can't rep you more (yet :D).

Mirror: http://bluefire.dnsalias.com/~tats/files/Dragon's_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V3.0_MODMAN.rar

Server is in Sweden on a 100mbps line. It's not a commercial server though, so it might be intermittently out of order if no-one's home to fix it.

Edited by EtherealN
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Other mirror from France ;):)

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5841

Thanks Dragon, very great work :worthy::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

History of the Black Shark 1, 2

Le sort du Requin Noir: 1, 2, 3.

• 2 weeks later...

D/Ling now... looks great, havn't tried the others but im sure it be good.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Regarding Grass!

I started doing the airbase textures because the view on the ground using stock was blurry, low resolution textures.

I'm aware of the fact that many Russian airbases have a great deal of grass growing between the slabs and made several attempts at putting grass into the joints. I eventually settled on a "moss" effect showing in the joints. This is simply because although from the air I could get the grass to look ok, close to or on the ground it looked awful (imo).

To get grass to look ok we really need a new DCS graphics engine.

• 2 months later...

Does this mod work in Flaming Cliffs?

EDIT: To answer myself, i tried it and it doesn't work properly as in this screenshot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29143&d=1247833172

It's propably conflicting with the Enhanced Terrain mod by Ruggbutt. If anyone knows how to make it work, i would really appreciate it!

runway.JPG.c316c16210271da6ff84dac126d97959.JPG

Edited by Griffin