Cool little detail I've noticed in the demo :=)

Kenan

I was flying my SU33 against pair of turkish F4's when I suddenly noticed my radar signal (SNP Mode) was blocked by extensive ECM radiations.

I thought to myself "WTF!? F4 don't have ECM's?! <at least not in LOMAC>" when I realized it was MY OWN wingman (who was told to engage bandits) who flew ahead of me and was blocking my own radar, so I had to order him to turn off his ECM! :lol:

I never noticed this in 1.02 so I guess it must be one of those neat 1.1 features! 8)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Re: Cool little detail I've noticed in the demo :=)

I was flying my SU33 against pair of turkish F4's when I suddenly noticed my radar signal (SNP Mode) was blocked by extensive ECM radiations.

I thought to myself "WTF!? F4 don't have ECM's?! <at least not in LOMAC>" when I realized it was MY OWN wingman (who was told to engage bandits) who flew ahead of me and was blocking my own radar, so I had to order him to turn off his ECM! :lol:

I never noticed this in 1.02 so I guess it must be one of those neat 1.1 features! 8)

If so it is a BUG friendly ECM should not JAM your on radar 8)

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Says who?

It's noise, and it causes problems. ECM is defensive, that's why they're called 'self protection jammers', not 'make me immune to attack' jammers. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Some ECM pods, such as the wingtip ones on the Flanker, have directional antennas. As such they should probably operate more like a blinding spotlight than a general smoke screen. I'm sure there are a number of other factors involved I'm not considering.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Your own jammer will synchronize with your own radar as much as it possibly can ... but another aircraft's jammer is liable to not do this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 1 year later...

F-4s do have ECM Capability, try adding the ALQ -(141?) Pod ;)

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."