MIP MFD Binding

Shack

Thanks to Rob and a few others I have finally got my UFC sync'd with DCS. 

My next obstacle seems to be a rather simple one although I cant figure it out.   It's the binding of my MFD OSBs.  I followed the instructions in the SIMAPP Manual where the steps are to Select  F18 / INSTANT ACTION / ESCAPE / ADJUST CONTROLS / select the MFD and bind the buttons manually. I have done exactly that and confirmed that the button presses are correct, but for some reason, in the simulation the button press does not yield the expected MFD page or function. In some cases no function at all. 

I also tried the file download from the device page for each of the MFD's and that didnt yield anything as well.  I subsequently cleared out the file before trying the manual binding process explained above. 

Wondering what can be causing the errant button presses ? 

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to hear you've at least got it syncing.  1st step in binding is making sure you're doing the binding in SIM bindings rather than GAME bindings (assuming you're not using GAME mode setting).  A good percentage of the time that's the issue.  Also, don't bother going into an instant action, just open the settings menu from the main page and you can change the bindings under the appropriate tab there.

I'm assuming it's allowing you to bind the buttons and jumps back to that binding on the binds page if you select something else then press the original button again?  It's worth trying to assign the button to something obvious (landing gear, hook etc) to make sure you're getting control activation.

By hook or crook, it's all working now. Thanks Rob !  Now for a decent Mixed Reality HMD to allow VR while seeing all the MIP hardware. 

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]