Relaxed deck crew

sirrah
Go to solution Solved by rob10,

Sorry if asked/posted before. Today I strapped myself into a Hornet again, after months of Apache addiction, and I noticed the deck crew was a lot more relaxed.

Last time I launched from the deck, they were running with every move. Now, they were calmly walking to and away from my jet. (I was doing a few sorties in the Liberation campaign)

Is this something new? Can the deck crew "relaxed mode" or "run mode" be set somehow in the mission editor?

I suppose the running crew were a little too intense, so in that respect I think it's a bit more realistic now. On the other hand, they're walking really at ease now, would that also be the case during a scramble irl?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

34 minutes ago, rob10 said:

It changed around Halloween.  Definitely been requested to give them a little more coffee to increase their pep.

Hehe agree

The constant "acceleration, running, insta-stop" was a bit extreme, but right now is really really casual. Something in between would be good I suppose.

Anyways, this is just me, nitpicking about a very small detail. Poor ED 😅

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 4 months later...

We could still use faster deck crew. On landing in particular they are still walking through the LA when the first aircraft calls the ball, with at least one green shirt inside the foul line at the time an aircraft traps. On CASE III as the third client aircraft in the sequence, I have flown right through them because they were still walking through the LA.

EAVc8Xl.png

WlvISQy.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

If nothing else, they should have a few.different "paces" or habits if the ship is in a green or red/alert state or depending if enemies are in the area around the carrier or not.

• Like 2

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

On 5/28/2023 at 8:14 AM, Nealius said:

We could still use faster deck crew. On landing in particular they are still walking through the LA when the first aircraft calls the ball,  Tutuapp  9Apps  ShowBox  with at least one green shirt inside the foul line at the time an aircraft traps. On CASE III as the third client aircraft in the sequence, I have flown right through them because they were still walking through the LA.

EAVc8Xl.png

WlvISQy.png

Consider adjusting the rotation schedule of the deck crew to ensure fresh personnel are on duty during critical flight operations.

Edited by shaun paul
  • Like 2