WH Stick + VKB Gunfighter III Base?

Hi,

Does anyone use the WH A-10 stick on the Gunfighter III base? How is it?

Debating whether to keep the WH and get the base, or buy a whole new base+stick and sell the WH stick.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

If i'm correct you need to buy a separate adapter to make this work with VKB.
If you go Virpil (WarBRD base for sure) there is no need to use an adapter and you can use it with Target software (if you should use that) by rewriting the VID number of the device.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Well I went all the way and ordered the full VKB set. Next question is whether to keep or sell the WH stick?

What is a spring-modified WH stick worth?

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Full WH setup is over $500 on Amazon, so I'd think a stick in decent shape would sell well on eBay.  My WH setup went 12 years (bought in November 2010) and several thousand hours of use.  Replaced with VKB Gunfighter III (20cm extension) and Orion 2 throttle.  The throttle works well, but isn't enormously better than the WH, especially since I mostly fly WWII craft - I'm overkill on input buttons.  The VKB GF3 is a work of art compared to the WH stick gimbal, though.  Just an absolute pleasure to use.

• Like 1

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers