Certain static object aircraft not keeping assigned skins after game restart

Kevin509
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

I'm having an issue where certain static object aircraft/helicopters placed in the ME revert to their default skin if I exit the game and re-enter. This does not happen exiting the mission and reloading without restarting the game. 

I haven't tested every object of course but as of right now I'm experiencing this with the UH1 and the Yak 40. I'll upload my .miz file later today but can someone do a quick test for me to confirm if this is repeatable:

Open up the ME and place a static UH1 assigned to CJTF Blue with skin Civil VIP. save and play the mission and confirm that you see the correct skin. Exit DCS and restart the game. Now open that mission in the ME again. For me the skin resets to the default italian SAR skin for CJTF Blue. 

• Solution
2 hours ago, Kevin509 said:

can someone do a quick test for me to confirm if this is repeatable:

Open up the ME and place a static UH1 assigned to CJTF Blue with skin Civil VIP. save and play the mission and confirm that you see the correct skin. Exit DCS and restart the game. Now open that mission in the ME again. For me the skin resets to the default italian SAR skin for CJTF Blue. 

Hi, For me it works as expected, this is running the mission for the 1st time:

q6JqjU6.jpg

next, I exit DCS, start it again and run the same mission again, the skin is still the same:

zXVoRnR.jpg

What may be happening is that if you are running the mission directly from the Editor, you may be changing the livery without noticing it, like this:

4zDdJXQ.jpg

note that the ME resets the selected livery on the list, if I'm not careful the helo might change the livery to this italian default. This is an Editor bug that was already reported.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

32 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

...What may be happening is that if you are running the mission directly from the Editor, you may be changing the livery without noticing it, like this:

4zDdJXQ.jpg

note that the ME resets the selected livery on the list, if I'm not careful the helo might change the livery to this italian default. This is an Editor bug that was already reported.

Thanks for doing a test for me! It looks like this must be what is happening to me. Do you have a link to the ME bug you're referring to so I can better understand what to do/not do?

I'm working on a template for populating the airfields around Las Vegas with static objects based on some real life photos and after placing about 250 static objects I realized that all of my UH1's (and about half of my Mi8's and Yak 40's) are suffering this issue where the skins aren't 'sticking,' but the vast majority of my units are fine. I just want to be confident before I offer to share my template with others that the skins will come through as intended for other players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin509 said:

Do you have a link to the ME bug you're referring to so I can better understand what to do/not do?

I don't remember the exact bug report and a quick search does not show it, but here are some users that have experienced this situation:

1 hour ago, Kevin509 said:

I just want to be confident before I offer to share my template with others

Looking forward to trying your template 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 1/24/2023 at 12:13 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Looking forward to trying your template 🙂

Ha! I've seen some of your work, I'm nowhere near as talented!  🙂

I attached the file, it does require four mods:

Civil Aircraft Mod - https://cam.em-key.de/

Military Aircraft Mod - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307071/

Special Mission Aircraft Operators Mod - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321706/

Bell 206 - https://forum.dcs.world/topic/313394-bell-206-l3-longranger-mod-ai-only/

*Edit to say I just tested this myself and some of my skins are still changed, so I'll need to work on that some more 

Nevada full.stm

Edited by Kevin509