AI problem after AAR (day) in mission 2

Jayhawk1971
Go to solution Solved by Reflected,

Hi Greg,

just finished mission 2, and after successful AAR (after I use F10-> F2 option to continue) I am told by Paco to get in a cruise formation for RTB (which I do), I get the "CNN news report", after that, lead sticks in formation with the S3 in its tanker track.

I finished the mission by giving up on him and RTB'ed on my own back to Nellis (got the mission complete message after I stopped on the ramp).

Presumably its our "old friend", the "AI won't detach from following another AI" bug that still hasn't been fixed by ED? 

Oh and BTW, you weren't kidding when you told us that this campaign will be hard as hell. Holy smokes. The only "above average" I got so far was for AAR. The rest are evenly distributed between "average" and "below average".

I see myself doing a lot of reflying these missions in the next 6 months. 😎

• Like 1

I also encountered the bug where Paco stuck to the Tanker after saying it was time to RTB... I just assumed he was too embarrassed with my poor performance to take me into the break... After hanging with the tanker for 15 minutes, I also RTB'd...

• Like 1

What a great mission! Pretty difficult, I find especially in VR I have to guess where the explosive triangle or the radar antenna is on the other plane. Can’t wait until high res headsets and good VR performance will make it even more enjoyable. 
btw, I was expecting the issue with Paco and the tanker, but when I joined up on his right in parade, he separated and took us back to base. Positive surprise!

• Like 2

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

UHHH I found a fix Reflected. Played it about 20 minutes ago and I had to literally bump the tanker off course to sort of "dislodge" Paco from the Tanker Formation. It almost killed all three aircraft but it worked, he got back on course after I recovered from a flat spin and a negative G redout. Great mission

23 minutes ago, thedon52 said:

UHHH I found a fix Reflected. Played it about 20 minutes ago and I had to literally bump the tanker off course to sort of "dislodge" Paco from the Tanker Formation. It almost killed all three aircraft but it worked, he got back on course after I recovered from a flat spin and a negative G redout. Great mission

Wow, really? And then he rtb-d? That is beyond weird…do you have a tacview or a track?

vor 12 Minuten schrieb FMBluecher:

So, if we encounter this issue, can we just RTB with no negative consequences?

You don't get any further scripted events (like custom radio comms, voice overs), so your flight home is silent, but once you come to a stop at Nellis, you'll get the mission complete message and you can advance to the next mission without having to skip it.

You could even land at 21L and no ones gonna say a peep about it. 😂

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Still happening with 2.8.8.43489. Just did the night AAR again, and Paco just sat there going round and round with the tanker for about 20 min (the F-14 has great endurance with full tanks at 240 KTAS...;-). I'm not gutsy enough to try to knock him off... Ryzen 7 7900 X3D/RX 7900XTX.

1 hour ago, Zone5 said:

Still happening with 2.8.8.43489. Just did the night AAR again, and Paco just sat there going round and round with the tanker for about 20 min (the F-14 has great endurance with full tanks at 240 KTAS...;-). I'm not gutsy enough to try to knock him off... Ryzen 7 7900 X3D/RX 7900XTX.

@[ED]Ben said the team is on it, and it's probably MT related. May be safer in the single thread version.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Reflected. I'll try it in ST shortly just for kicks. I just love this campaign, it really does feel like being in a training squadron (I was working for NASA in the early 80's and was taught to fly in VT-2 because NASA needed me trained, so I've been in a training squadron, but not ever in a RAG... and a T-34B is a LONG way from an F-14B...).

• Thanks 1