Unable to lock with radar (Short range)

Nahen

After the update, the radar in the F-15C went crazy.
After switching to TWS mode, the target icon does not change after locking the target, there is no information about the speed, azimuth, height of the target.
It is not known whether one or more targets are locked.
The marker on the HUD does not show the actual position of the target.

• Like 1

Can confirm.

Not just limited to tws, radar essentially doesn't work anymore. In TWS, one can cycle through imaginary targets (the direction cue/vector goes haywire, circling around the hud).

Using the 'normal' radar mode, it seems that the target gets locked for a split second only to be unlocked immediately.

Also, update seems to have impacted performance in general, negatively, resulting in slightly higher max cpu temperatures, in my case at least. The frequency of 'load spikes' by lack of a better definition seem to have increased as well. 

Edited by JabsDabbin

Tried now, it shows the range on hud and the box is correct for me, but on the radar screen it doesnt display the lock, and it seems Im able to just lock and switch between targets in TWS without hovering the cursor above them. Track attached

f15c.trkf15c_rws_tws.trk

Edited by vtaf_archer
added another track
  • Like 1

• BIGNEWY changed the title to F-15 Crazy radar in TWS

Since patch, doing a simple straight on ACM - I'm seeing where I'm unable to lock a bandit straight ahead in TWS or STT.

Doesn't happen every time.

Auto Acquisition works fine - so this is with captain bars.

Had it both in MP and SP.

Edited by USA_Recon

In general post-patch, radar work on the F-15C (and possibly other FC3s) is dead. Out of ten people in our squadron, only two are OK. Everything else has a problem with the TWS, with the target marker on the HUD, etc. Problem registered by ED, we are waiting for a solution.

• Like 1

One more thing - before I tried to lock on only opponents. Now I see that if a friendly machine is locked, unfortunately, the marker on the HUD does not inform about it either. Each lock is an "open" square. Friendly or Foe, it doesn't matter for HUD symbology.../