Pilot patch over lapping current skin patches

Chungster

Hi, not sure if anyone has noticed this yet. But I noticed that there is a 101st airborne patch on all the liveries for the AH64D after the recent open beta update. Any way to get rid of it? Or is this a bugged feature for the future pilot patches update?

20230127205241_1.jpg

20230127205041_1.jpg

20230127204852_1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's a "bugged" feature, I think it's just an implementation of a feature to be expanded on in the future. Maybe they're trying to figure out if it should be assigned per livery (82nd patch for 82nd livery, etc.) or a a selection in the settings where things like the monocle is. I think that's where it should be, as the right shoulder combat patch stays with you as you move around the U.S. Army. That's IF they make a selectable feature at all. Maybe it's just eye candy and not meant to be a selectable feature.

Very early in my career I was a 'Hawk crewchief in A Company (Redhawks), 2nd Battalion (Assault), 82nd Aviation Brigade when the Brigade was created. The 1st Battalion (Attack), 82nd Aviation Brigade, spent their first year assigned to Fort Hood learning their shiny new AH-64 Apaches.

I'm not a fan of flying the 82nd livery with that "Puking Buzzard" (as we in the 82nd refer to them in brotherly jest) on my shoulder but again, just eye candy.