Can we please have campaigns with female pilots as the player?

Elphaba

3 hours ago, Elphaba said:

Solely.

That’s one more than any other campaign maker so not sure why you’re knocking on my door with this. 

btw I’d love to, but all my other campaigns are set in times when there were simply no female pilots. So I try to use female voice actors for ground control or atc where possible. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Reflected said:

That’s one more than any other campaign maker so not sure why you’re knocking on my door with this. 

btw I’d love to, but all my other campaigns are set in times when there were simply no female pilots. So I try to use female voice actors for ground control or atc where possible. 

1. Because you're prolific and you seem to care.

2. I was sure most of your campaigns were after 1993/1994 - in which case both USAF and USN had female pilots in a combat role, earlier than that for Apaches and non-combat roles. 
3. Visibility and inclusion is a bit more important than strict timeframe accuracy, considering this isn't a documentary, but a game for lots of different players. 

17 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

1. Because you're prolific and you seem to care.

2. I was sure most of your campaigns were after 1993/1994 - in which case both USAF and USN had female pilots in a combat role, earlier than that for Apaches and non-combat roles. 
3. Visibility and inclusion is a bit more important than strict timeframe accuracy, considering this isn't a documentary, but a game for lots of different players. 

I do care, but Speed & Angels is my only post-1989 campaign. Most of them are WW2. And timeframe accuracy is by far more important than anything else. In my book.

My campaigns are meant to be like virtual, first person documentaries, I take pride in getting all the little details right through thorough research. That's how I work. Everyone else is free to do whatever they prefer, though.

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 13

• ED Team

A reminder for any one posting here 

1.7 No political, social or cultural disputes on the ED forums.

Thread cleaned

thank you

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 7:13 AM, Reflected said:

I do care, but Speed & Angels is my only post-1989 campaign. Most of them are WW2. And timeframe accuracy is by far more important than anything else. In my book.

We need to get the Polikarpov U-2, so you could make a campaign about the Night Witches. 🙂 Female pilots aside, it's a pretty awesome mission profile that they flew. 

• Like 1