OB 2.8.2.35759 - S_EVENT_UNIT_LOST not working correctly

Dangerzone

Both S_EVENT_UNIT_LOST is not working in the latest build on some objects.

Attached is a track file, as well as a miz file demonstrating the problem. Some units (in this case  BUS and FARP) still trigger correctly, however others (cow used in this instance) no longer works.

The attached mission shows a message when the event is detected, along with the unit. You can see both the bus and the farp being triggered, but not the other static object.

debug-eventdead.miz

Event_Unit_Lost.trk

Edited by Dangerzone

On 1/29/2023 at 7:23 AM, Flappie said:

I'm OK to report this as long as you can find any other unit affected, but not just cows, please. 😄

Thanks Flappie. I notice there's a few threads of recent on issues with both S_EVENT_UNIT_LOST and S_EVENT_UNIT_DEAD Since - cows was working in 2.7, I was hoping one example of this in a .trk and .miz would have been enough to narrow down where the issue might have been that might be causing issues not just for cows but these related issues. (As there was nothing I saw in the notes about this event being removed for any units and it seems related), but I'll look at what I can do regarding issues with other units.

Please give me some time to get this done as I've got a busy couple of weeks coming up.

• Thanks 1

Hi Flappy, 

Sorry for the delay. I've done some additional tests and have a track file that I hope will further help to show the inconsistencies between various statics. 

Most statics seem to execute fine. (In my example these are BUS, Silkworm and A10)

Some statics execute the EVENT_DEAD, but fail to provide an initiator (LARC-V-1 and Well Car-1)

And then we have the cows which used to execute both, but now do neither. 

Attached is an updated track file with these units in it for your reference. 

If this is the new normal it'd be disappointing, but better to know - just looking for confirmation one way or the other as I have missions waiting on this being corrected that I'd prefer to know to abandon and pursue something else rather than wait to see whether they're going to be re-implemented. 

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Dz

Event_Unit_dead.trk

Thanks. I'm seeing what you saw in your track.

I wanted to know  if this issue was linked to another one that I reported some weeks ago (most statics are not credited as kills): I tried to destroy them in a Su-25. Surprise: this time, LARC-V and Well-Car initiators appeared. I'm puzzled.. 🧐

missing.png

dead units with name.trk

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks Flappie. Glad it’s not just me then. I can only guess that some of the behind-the-scenes changes they have made for multithreading or Vulcan or whatever they working on. Might have missed a few things. Hopefully these examples will assist them in identifying in resolving what’s going on

Really appreciate your time, and willingness to respond to this thread. 👍