Radio Selector Unit

felixx75
Go to solution Solved by gnomechild,

What exactly are the two buttons (3 and 4, but especially 4 MKR & TP) for?

As is usual in the manual, it only tells me the position and name, but not what they do and what they are for. I really hope the manual will improve a lot in the future....

sdfsdfsdfsdfsdffjhgfbuerbvwv.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

#4 MKR + TP is 'Marker' and "telebriefing" (not sure where the P comes in, probably something French. In the manual for the F1ED it's labelled "MKR + TB")

The telebriefing is the ground intercom. If your canopy is closed, you need to depress that dial to talk to the ground crew. The little yellow light underneath it will illuminate when it's active. 

When you're airborne, the dial controls the volume of marker beacons, and the pushbutton does nothing.

For #3, I'm not sure. The dial should control the volume of the RWR, but I'm not sure what the function of its button is. In the F1ED manual it's just a dial labeled "TWR". 

Edited by gnomechild
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB