THE FREE 'SERPENT'S HEAD CAMPAIGN' HAS JUST HAD A MAJOR UPDATE JAN 23. NOW FULLY VOICED BY ACTORS.

Badger633

The free mini campaign has now had a major update which is now fully voiced by actors.  There are two versions, a 6 mission version which is in Nevada and the Black Sea and a reduced 5 mission version which is in the Black Sea only.

This campaign introduces 'Ford' and is a prelude to his further exploits in the Serpent's Head 2, Rise of the Persian Lion, and Rise of the Persian Lion 2 Campaigns. There is a continuous plot line throughout all the Campaigns. Their difficulty increases gradually through the campaigns and so the free 'Serpents Head Campaign' is ideal as a starting point. By the end pilots will have had to be familiar with and use all the systems and weapons of the F/A-18C Hornet. Later Campaigns have easy air to air refuel options for those who have yet to master the black art of catching the basket.   

The 6 mission Nevada and Black sea version is available from here :

The Serpent's Head F/A-18C Campaign. (Nevada & Caucasus) now including optional SUPERCARRIER version. Updated Sept 22. Badger633. (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

The 5 mission Black sea only version is available from here :

The Serpent's Head F/A-18C Campaign ( Reduced version for Caucasus Map Only) now including optional SUPERCARRIER version. Updated Sept 22. Badger633. (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• Badger633 changed the title to THE FREE 'SERPENT'S HEAD CAMPAIGN' HAS JUST HAD A MAJOR UPDATE JAN 23. NOW FULLY VOICED BY ACTORS.
  • 1 month later...

I tried last time I could get to install in the Campaign list.  Could you help me please with easy instruction I have other paid but I do this first.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

I tried last time I could get to install in the Campaign list.  Could you help me please with easy instruction I have other paid but I do this first.

You want to know how it will show up in the campaign list under the F/A-18C?

Browse to the DCS core install directory Mods\aircraft\xxx\missions\campaigns

Where XXX is the F/A-18C module. Don't remember the correct folder name.
Make a folder called "The Serpents Campaign" or whatever, and copy all the campaign files into it.
If you ever do a repair, they will be removed, so I always use a mod manager to install user campaigns.

You can also put them in saved games, but they won't show under the Hornet. Really wish ED would enable this feature.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, VIKBELL said:

HI VIKBELL

Thanks MAXsenna

If you want to use the saved games option, which i use:

Extract all the files into your  saved games/ DCS (You might have DCS Openbeta or similar)/Missions / Campaigns / en / put them here. You could create a directory called Serpents Head and put them in that if you want but not necessary.

When starting the game  go to Campaign as normal. Then when the list comes up do not highlight the F/A-18C button on the left as normal but use the top left button which  is titled My Campaigns. Use that and the campaign will then be available. 

This method the campaign will not be overwritten with updates etc.    

Hope this helps

Badger633

• Like 2

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hey thank you for that I put where you said and it is working.    Finished mission one success.

• Like 1

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

5 hours ago, VIKBELL said:

Hey thank you for that I put where you said and it is working.    Finished mission one success.

Glad you got it sorted. Hope you enjoy it 👍

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 8:34 PM, Badger633 said:

The free mini campaign has now had a major update which is now fully voiced by actors.  There are two versions, a 6 mission version which is in Nevada and the Black Sea and a reduced 5 mission version which is in the Black Sea only.

This campaign introduces 'Ford' and is a prelude to his further exploits in the Serpent's Head 2, Rise of the Persian Lion, and Rise of the Persian Lion 2 Campaigns. There is a continuous plot line throughout all the Campaigns. Their difficulty increases gradually through the campaigns and so the free 'Serpents Head Campaign' is ideal as a starting point. By the end pilots will have had to be familiar with and use all the systems and weapons of the F/A-18C Hornet. Later Campaigns have easy air to air refuel options for those who have yet to master the black art of catching the basket.   

The 6 mission Nevada and Black sea version is available from here :

The Serpent's Head F/A-18C Campaign. (Nevada & Caucasus) now including optional SUPERCARRIER version. Updated Sept 22. Badger633. (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

The 5 mission Black sea only version is available from here :

The Serpent's Head F/A-18C Campaign ( Reduced version for Caucasus Map Only) now including optional SUPERCARRIER version. Updated Sept 22. Badger633. (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Thanks for your generosity, Going for it this weekend. 😜

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Thanks for your generosity, Going for it this weekend. 😜

Enjoy 👍

• Like 1