SUHANG
Go to solution Solved by NIGHTHAWK1,

Hi guys, as shown on the PIC of my F18. The FCS just cannot balance. It is after I flew a mission and landed, shut down the engin and bettary to  refule and re arm. Then I initiated the start up procedure. The FCS just cannot balance I an perform the FCS test. FCSA and FCSB on the right DDI always appeared as restart. and the FCS page on the left DDI, as you can see, the LEF is 34 and 12. This will make me crash when try to fly because of the inbalance. anyone know why this happen?

image.png

Edited by SUHANG

• SUHANG changed the title to FCS problems
  • 2 weeks later...

I tought I was the only one to have this issue, so I'm pretty glad to see that I don't !

Same issue for me, landed, shut down the jet to refuel, rearm and do a little break in the game.
Restart the jet and normally after a complete shut down, you have to perform the FCS IBIT again. (Still Go on the BIT page after the shut down, maybe a bug or not simulated properly).
So lauch the IBIT and after that, blocked in "in test". Leading Edge Flaps in différent position and nothing works to repair that. (FCS reset, FCS Circuit breaker pull/push, electrical reset, ...)
I can lauch the Exerciser mode, pretty all surfaces are moving but just a few seconds and then all is blocked again, FCSA and FCSB still "in test" in the bit page.

I was playing alone in one of my personal Persian Gulf multiplayer map (directly lauched by the mission editor).

Edited by El_Bonzonito

• ED Team

if you have a track replay showing it happen please attach it to the post. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Solution

I found out that FLAPS must be "full" down before conducting FCS (Y Key) test.  Was doing 'cold and dark' starts and was not getting "go" after test.  Try this and see if that fixes the problem.  Same problem of one LEF down and the other up.

Edited by NIGHTHAWK1
  • Like 1

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

• 3 months later...

seems but FLAPS on FULL does work. The FCS works well then. After that, I put the FLAPS on AUTO, the FCS also works. But the key is after the landing, either on carrier or land, if you need to do the cold start, the FLAPS must on FULL.... kind of weird.

• 1 month later...

OK, I made a record about the FCS problems. As the track shown, after I landing and shut down, I restart the flight, with a FCS cannot pass the test and the weight not balanced on the wings. Please help to analyse the problem. This time I set the flaps on AUTO, which is the standard position for start up I think.

FCS problems.trk

Edited by SUHANG