Marianas stuterring after 2.8 update make it unplayable.

viper1

Hi

I play in VR -  oculus rift .  2.7 ver map was playable but stutter was present.

Now after 2.8 patch stutter is terrible make it unplayable completely.

Do you have the same problem .

Regards.

Edited by viper1

attached some files to check

settings in 2.8 beta (in ver 2.7 same settings but textures on high)

no use in newest nvidia driver - must reverted to older from 07.2022 -it is more smoother on another dcs maps.

vr default settings software oculus - graphics improvement all off.

I must say that all  maps are stuttering more too.

I notice that planes shadow is now off with trees shadows.

Older setting was for me better because trees shadows was off but planes was present in flat mode. Aircrafts shadow is needed to better immersion in VR than trees.

so I play VR in 2.7 ver without updating to get more fun in game.

Regards.

2.8 beta settings vr.png

2.8 beta settings.png

nvidia set 1.png

nvidia set 2.png

nvidia set 3.png

DxDiag.txt Marianas VR 2.7 ver.trk Marianas VR 2.8 beta.trk ver 2.7 dcs.log ver 2.8 beta dcs.log

3 hours ago, viper1 said:

so I play VR in 2.7 ver without updating to get more fun in game

That's fine if it works for you. New versions come with more features, content and fixes but also with new bugs and some performance cost. Maybe with future core improvements we'll see better VR performance and hopefuly some Marianas optimisations.

I have similar system and I don't think we're ready for visibilty:ultra and high textures settings. I can't play without shadows, I give you that.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

true

but I had 3080 ti for tests and I did not notice significant improvement in comparison my 1080ti .Maybe a bit but in F2 F3 ... views. Stutter was exactly  the same in cockpit and while  looking outside on the same settings.

I am a bit sad that we trade good fun flying smoother in VR for rainbow or moving clouds that I don't notice at all in my missions.

I will wait for future core but new campaigns and  planes like f-15 or f-4 must also wait probably several months or years to be in my game.

Regards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, viper1 said:

I am a bit sad that we trade good fun flying smoother in VR for rainbow or moving clouds that I don't notice at all in my missions.

You have the option to stay where you are but DCS is constantly improving and growing. Either follow with the hardware or lower the settings.

If 3080Ti (twice the gfx power) did not yield you any better results it means your CPU holds you back.

If don't notice the rainbows or moving clouds - you don't fly in the rainy and windy weather much - that's fine because they're not putting much stress on your hardware then.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 1/31/2023 at 7:38 PM, viper1 said:

attached some files to check

settings in 2.8 beta (in ver 2.7 same settings but textures on high)

no use in newest nvidia driver - must reverted to older from 07.2022 -it is more smoother on another dcs maps.

vr default settings software oculus - graphics improvement all off.

I must say that all  maps are stuttering more too.

I notice that planes shadow is now off with trees shadows.

Older setting was for me better because trees shadows was off but planes was present in flat mode. Aircrafts shadow is needed to better immersion in VR than trees.

so I play VR in 2.7 ver without updating to get more fun in game.

Regards.

2.8 beta settings vr.png

2.8 beta settings.png

nvidia set 1.png

nvidia set 2.png

nvidia set 3.png

DxDiag.txt 113.11 kB · 2 downloads Marianas VR 2.7 ver.trk 3.2 MB · 2 downloads Marianas VR 2.8 beta.trk 3.25 MB · 2 downloads ver 2.7 dcs.log 88.99 kB · 2 downloads ver 2.8 beta dcs.log 67.32 kB · 3 downloads

Turn off :

Terrain object shadows

they are buggy, so dont use flat or default. We are waiting for patch.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Here is topic about this, not solved issue 

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I checked without terrain shadows , even downgraded settings to default preset VR and pixel density  1.0 . There is a small improvement in smoothness but not significant (constant stutter is present).

Unfortunatelly quality of game  such settings is unacceptable. Seems that we need big patch for core of the game.

Thanks for help.

Regards.

Edited by viper1

1 hour ago, viper1 said:

I checked without terrain shadows , even downgraded settings to default preset VR and pixel density  1.0 . There is a small improvement in smoothness but not significant (constant stutter is present).

You do have a lot of mods installed though. Try to run clean profile (rename your DCS Saved Games folder) and check again. Run DCS repair and clean too.

Edited by draconus

Also tried potato mode in VR (PD1.0, "low" preset plus AFx16 and textures medium) and as soon as I fly low over the island the fps gets below 40 and frame times get crazy. I don't have exact comparison though to the earlier versions but Marianas map was always bad performer.

This map is very demending 😑 and not optimalized like the others too, apart South Atlantic map (maybe is an issue on palms)? From the beginning I had the problem with Marianas, even on my GPU 3090 before. Stutter was present always.

Now, after the changing of GPU it starts to work ok for me (stable 45 fps in VR) with MR=on, even Im playing now the campaign on Marianas for UH-60L and its ok), but it's still not normal that it works as it should only with the best card on the market 😜. I wonder how the IIWW version will work ;).

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

9 hours ago, viper1 said:

In new F-15 will be adjustable mirrors in cockpit.

Who needs this when game is such not optimalized?. This sounds like a kind of joke.

One has nothing to do with the other. Marianas is a free map from ED. F-15E (and its feature) is an aircraft module from 3rd party dev.

Look, it was never optimised and we all want it, but it is what it is, already reported by many users.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 2:21 AM, dutchili said:

Something is definitely wrong.  Looking at the south west part of the island of Guam is causing low FPS>

My buddies report the same thing.

Yeah have the same thing on that part of the map. It's unplayble so I just ignore that map. 

• Thanks 1

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2023 at 8:02 AM, Wolf8312 said:

Yeah have the same thing on that part of the map. It's unplayable so I just ignore that map. 

Agreed, the amount of VRAM this needs in insane. +25% more that Syria.

Beautiful map but unplayable in VR with high settings... unless Taz, Barthek or any other genius in the community fixes this.

Edited by KCOOL