Random rolls

ebabil
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

My helicopter sometimes tends to roll to its right. It was so hard  to save the chopper despite the full left cyclic. At the first incident I landed on a hill to observe the targets, when I applied some collective, my heli rolled to its right and I couldn't save it and crashed. I thought it was due to heavy wind (even though TSD was saying "calm") or because of my joystick setup (I have two sticks, 1 throtlle, 1 pedal set). So I didin't bother. But yesterdat same thing happened when i was trying to take off from the FARP. This time I managed to overcome and took off. Then I head to the conflict zone and hit "2" to switch to the gunner. Normally AI pilot suppose to hover after I gave zero speed command but this time he kept sliding to right with a big angle. I tried this a few times and no luck. 

I couldn't save a track since it was MP game. 

Do you have any idea what caused this or what did i wrong?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Look into dynamic roll over. Since you were on the ground trying to takeoff, you developed a pivot point, rolling motion, and finally exceeded the critical roll over angle of the helicopter. Once that angle is exceeded the main rotor thrust will continue to roll you over and no amount of cyclic will save you. If this starts, you need to reduce the collective and neutralize the cyclic and start again.

7 minutes ago, bradmick said:

Look into dynamic roll over. Since you were on the ground trying to takeoff, you developed a pivot point, rolling motion, and finally exceeded the critical roll over angle of the helicopter. Once that angle is exceeded the main rotor thrust will continue to roll you over and no amount of cyclic will save you. If this starts, you need to reduce the collective and neutralize the cyclic and start again.

thanks. but how come AI pilot also fails to hover? Is it because of overloading? (8 hellfires & rockets & full gas)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

7 minutes ago, ebabil said:

thanks. but how come AI pilot also fails to hover? Is it because of overloading? (8 hellfires & rockets & full gas)

Reference my Perf Page video. Without know how high you were and how hot (or cold it was) I can’t make any real comments.

I was very low. maybe 200-300 feets

Youtube

• ED Team
  • Solution
23 hours ago, ebabil said:

My helicopter sometimes tends to roll to its right. It was so hard  to save the chopper despite the full left cyclic. At the first incident I landed on a hill to observe the targets, when I applied some collective, my heli rolled to its right and I couldn't save it and crashed. I thought it was due to heavy wind (even though TSD was saying "calm") or because of my joystick setup (I have two sticks, 1 throtlle, 1 pedal set). So I didin't bother. But yesterdat same thing happened when i was trying to take off from the FARP. This time I managed to overcome and took off. Then I head to the conflict zone and hit "2" to switch to the gunner. Normally AI pilot suppose to hover after I gave zero speed command but this time he kept sliding to right with a big angle. I tried this a few times and no luck. 

I couldn't save a track since it was MP game. 

Do you have any idea what caused this or what did i wrong?

did you by any chance make a loadout change with fuel tanks?

There is a bug when fuel tanks are added and removed. 

A track replay is the best way to get to the bottom of it. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

oh man, this was exactly what i did in that flight!

I had added 2 fuel tanks to look how good the apache was with these tanks. then i removed them and added 2 rocket pods.

Youtube

• ED Team

thanks for confirming.

I have reported it already just waiting for a fix 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2