Think the F-15 Release is/will have an Impact

Czechnology

Like I asked. F-15E is set to pre-order starting Feb 15. Technically speaking I don't think they are required to release with a certain gap in between them, especially given its a non-ED module, but we don't know to what extent ED tries to referee the release schedule, if at all. 

So restating, think the F15E is going to have an impact on when we finally get our hands on our F-4Es?

• Like 1

There are those people who will buy both and those who will buy the aircraft of their choice. I'm only going to buy the F-4E. So it didn't interfere at all for the two to be released at the same time.

• Like 6

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

It's an interesting question, but I don't think it's answerable with the information we have.  My gut says it's better for there to be a gap so that Heatblur and Razbam don't have to compete as much on the impulse buyer part of the market.

• Like 1

I think there will be a gap. As it looks now the F-15 can at best be expected march 1st when the next OB update is scheduled. Seeing that there will be a full month to the next update tells me that the update will be YUUUGE. I don't think I will be buying the F-15 as I think it will be just another aircraft in my virtual hangar gathering dust. Easter falls quite late this year so I keep hoping for some good F-4 news in march. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Why do people still think the Phantom is anywhere close? We have not seen a full reveal yet or even cockpit shots.

Because Heatblur released information that the major systems are almost complete. Heatblur just keeps it all under wraps until it’s ready for public reveal

• Like 2

1 час назад, Kalasnkova74 сказал:

Doubt it. I figure most F-4 fans appreciate the Strike Eagle enough to know they have very different forms, even if they share functions. 

This right here. The planes are literally from different eras, the only things they have in common are two engines, two wings and two monkeys in the pit. Everything else is so different I fail to see any potential for competition. The only decision to be made here might be which one to get first if they are released at the same time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Czechnology said:

Like I asked. F-15E is set to pre-order starting Feb 15. Technically speaking I don't think they are required to release with a certain gap in between them, especially given its a non-ED module, but we don't know to what extent ED tries to referee the release schedule, if at all. 

So restating, think the F15E is going to have an impact on when we finally get our hands on our F-4Es?

I think @Cobra847 will want at least a month's airspace between the start of the F-15E EA period and opening pre-orders for the F-4E. Releasing any closer than that won't gain HB anything, so accepting any risk (even a small one) due to a lack of clean air is just unnecessary. Besides, I think Cobra likes his modules to make a dramatic entrance, so he'll want the chance for the Phantom to dominate conversation, even if it's different voices that would talk about each module.

• Like 3

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

In today's newsletter, ED said that the F-15E is in the final testing and validation stage and they expect it release a "few months later and perhaps sooner" after the preorder date of February 15.  Doesn't give me high hopes for a Phantom release before this summer, especially since all the talk so far in newsletters has been Strike Eagle.  Unless Heatblur does a surprise unveiling with no preorder for the March or April OB updates, I don't see how they can release before the F-15E at this point.

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

37 minutes ago, Stackup said:

In today's newsletter, ED said that the F-15E is in the final testing and validation stage and they expect it release a "few months later and perhaps sooner" after the preorder date of February 15.  Doesn't give me high hopes for a Phantom release before this summer, especially since all the talk so far in newsletters has been Strike Eagle.  Unless Heatblur does a surprise unveiling with no preorder for the March or April OB updates, I don't see how they can release before the F-15E at this point.

my unscientific guess is we’ll see the F-4E sometime in December 2023 or early 2024. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Why do people still think the Phantom is anywhere close? We have not seen a full reveal yet or even cockpit shots.

Allowed to be hopeful! The screenshots lacking is expected in any scenario, they've said from the start we're not getting much info until it's pretty much upon us. I'm expecting somewhere in the first half of the year, but, I'm half in the skeptics club where I'll say I really do have no idea when it will actually release, and I don't know of it'll be that hoped for first half or much later.

2 hours ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

my unscientific guess is we’ll see the F-4E sometime in December 2023 or early 2024. 

This is an exceptionally unrealistic projection at present. 🙂 
We're getting close. Soon we'll have poured two years of very hard work into the Phantom and thus we're rapidly approaching completion.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:19 PM, Czechnology said:

There will be some gaps between releases as this is something that all parties feel is good, but the development or release schedule on a macro level is not influenced by the 15E. Put simply, and with all due respect, we do our own thing and don't really care much about other third parties. I wouldn't even say we consider other releases quite as competitors, as the rising tide raises all boats in DCS. 

In the end, our release and development schedule is dictated by quality first and fiscal responsibilities second. Exact release day, seasonal timing or other release deconfliction are a distant third.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

19 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

We're getting close. Soon we'll have poured two years of very hard work into the Phantom and thus we're rapidly approaching completion.

Careful- someone’s going to quote you and announce it’s coming out tomorrow! 😁

Appreciate the update. I speak for just myself , but take whatever time your team needs to make it right. Whether that’s next week or next year I’ll be ready. 

I calculated the probability that I will be buying the F-15E. Taking into account numerous factors, the economy, the phases of the moon, global warming, etc, and came out with an exact prediction of 0.0%.

Repeating the calculation for the F-4E Phantom I get 99.999981% accounting for the possibility that the earth will be destroyed between now and release date.

• Like 4

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

No, because if you want the Phantom, you're getting the Phantom. If you want the Strike Eagle, you get the Strike Eagle. I'm more interested in the older systems and older airframes (Usually). I imagine anyone interested in the Phantom is probably the same. It's like asking muscle car lover if he'd rather buy a classic Mustang or a Civic Type-R. He may not even hate the Civic, he may even be a fan of Japanese cars, as well, but his immediate affections are with the older machine.

I'm not preordering the Strike Eagle because I want to see how it turns out before I consider it. The Phantom is a pre-order for me.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Like 2

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

19 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

There will be some gaps between releases as this is something that all parties feel is good, but the development or release schedule on a macro level is not influenced by the 15E. Put simply, and with all due respect, we do our own thing and don't really care much about other third parties. I wouldn't even say we consider other releases quite as competitors, as the rising tide raises all boats in DCS. 

In the end, our release and development schedule is dictated by quality first and fiscal responsibilities second. Exact release day, seasonal timing or other release deconfliction are a distant third.

Ok, so my personal interpretation based on this (and possibly influenced by my former affection for doing things that would make my mother ashamed of me): HB currently expect some gap between the F-15E and the Phantom, but this is due more to a pursuit of quality (ie proper development time) than leaving a gap for its own sake. At the moment, it is "exceptionally unrealistic" to think the F-4E will be delayed as far as December.

The most important thing this suggests to me is that a delay to the Mudhen probably won't result in a delay to the Phantom, unless HB believe it will improve financial prospects, so hopefully Razbam's ability to meet their schedule won't represent an extra variable. It also suggests to me that HB won't build a fixed idea of a date, season or quarter when they want to release.

I'll adjust my guess to April to October, but if it's ready in March it seems like they won't wait just for the sake of it.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Personal opinion is that the F-15E will have no impact whatsoever on the F-4 release.  It typically takes many months to years after an official announcement for a module to actually come out.  With the F-4, we haven't seen a single system video, flight model video, etc., like we did for the F-14 and now F-15E, and those start (again) months to years before the module is actually ready for release into early access.  While HB has stated they're far along with the F-4, until I start seeing those videos, I won't even consider how far away the module is from release.  If it comes out in 2023, great!  I intend to buy it even though I almost only fly the Turkey.  The F-4 is a piece of Americana that I will not suffer to lack in my hangar.  But, given that we have very little other than an announcement video and an official forum, I'm estimating it will be many months before the Phabulous Phantom actually releases into EA.  I doubt seriously there will be interference by the F-15E by the time the F-4 is ready.

• Like 3

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey