Think the F-15 Release is/will have an Impact

Czechnology

@NotBonk Relax man. It's a game, because people play it for entertainment purposes. A simulator game. "Simulation" is a subgenre in videogames. Anyway... I do think the SE release will have some sort of impact on the F-4, but my main question is, will the SE preorder "lock out" the release of the F-4 until SE is released. (+ 1 month minimum separation) I hope not, but we'll see. I haven't decided yet what plane I'm going to buy but I think it will be the most finished one with the least amount of bugs and "soon-later-promises".

• Like 2

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

Just now, 79Au said:

@NotBonk Relax man. It's a game, because people play it for entertainment purposes. A simulator game. "Simulation" is a subgenre in videogames. Anyway... I do think the SE release will have some sort of impact on the F-4, but my main question is, will the SE preorder "lock out" the release of the F-4 until SE is released. (+ 1 month minimum separation) I hope not, but we'll see. I haven't decided yet what plane I'm going to buy but I think it will be the most finished one with the least amount of bugs and "soon-later-promises".

I understand that, but there’s no reason to be rude. I’ve been simply correcting them but they seem to reject any attempts at peaceful communication.

• Like 2

I don't see people being rude in here, if anyone was being rude it was you:

3 hours ago, NotBonk said:

if you don’t like it then you can go play pvp with an fc3 module

edit: I know, we're trying to get back to topic...

Edited by 79Au
  • Like 2

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

5 minutes ago, 79Au said:

I don't see people being rude in here, if anyone was rude it was you:

edit: I know, we're trying to get back to topic...

I was using that as an anecdote to hint at his attitude towards a non-simulation play style. He liked to say things that insult common things about the community as well as several incorrect facts. Anyways, moving to PMs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotBonk said:

I was using that as an anecdote to hint at his attitude towards a non-simulation play style. He liked to say things that insult common things about the community as well as several incorrect facts. Anyways, moving to PMs

I will be Waiting for your PM.

• Like 1

Yeah I alluded to that earlier on in the thread. Heatblur has said they don't care if the modules release simultaneously, but RAZBAM hasn't. They could very well be wanting ED to delay the Phantom's release.
I have no proof of that, but I wouldn't be surprised.
However, if that is the case, I'd be pissed. I have no interest in the Strike Eagle, so delaying the Phantom for that sole reason would "punish" me and people like me, who have no intention of buying the Strike Eagle. Again, I have no proof of that.

If the Phantom is ready, I'd like to see it released. Regardless of timing of other modules. If it's not ready, it's not ready. But since a 2022 release was targeted, it can't be that far off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The point of this thread escapes me.

If it was planned to elicit a response from Heatblur, then well done, mission accomplished.

Cobra categorically stated the Strike Eagle release will have no impact on the F-4.

Any post thereafter is essentially engaging in a circle-jerk of escalating speculation and insinuations that he's wrong.

The pointlessness of the previous 3 pages of this thread defies comprehension.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DD_Fenrir said:

I would usually say "you must be new around here" but I know you're not, so I wont. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

6 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

If it was planned to elicit a response from Heatblur, then well done, mission accomplished.

Cobra categorically stated the Strike Eagle release will have no impact on the F-4.

Any post thereafter is essentially engaging in a circle-jerk of escalating speculation and insinuations that he's wrong.

As the page creator, original goal was just to spark fresh conversation. If it got an HB response then more credit to it, but at the time of posting the forum was dying down pretty hard, so made it. However I kind of agree that a good chunk of the conversations past the HB post has been pointless. I will say that talking about who think is going to outsell who isn't the worst conversation, but people saying "erm well actually I think it will anyways" are wasting their time.

---But I will highlight that baiting an HB response was never the intentional goal. Just a happy side effect.

Edited by Czechnology
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Well, why stop at three pages? We’ve come this far, let’s make it 4! 

So blah blah blah “Razbam is bad” blah blah “ED might be sequencing the releases anyway in direct contravention of facts disclosed , so the F-4E could be delayed by the F-15E’s delays” etc , insert TOS violating ad hominem of one’s choice here…..

/s

• Like 1

I can't see why either module would steal any customers away from the other one. Yes, there's a considerable mission-overlap between the two, but I'd hazard a guess that people who are interested in the experience of that mission will end up owning both aircraft anyway.

Those who end up buying just one module are probably not giving a toss about the other aircraft anyhow.

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

2 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

I can't see why either module would steal any customers away from the other one. Yes, there's a considerable mission-overlap between the two, but I'd hazard a guess that people who are interested in the experience of that mission will end up owning both aircraft anyway.

Those who end up buying just one module are probably not giving a toss about the other aircraft anyhow.

Exactly this. I don't think anyone who'll buy the Phantom won't if released at the same time as the mudhen. There will be a huge number of people who want that Phantom and will likely not buy the Mudhen and vice versa. You've people like myself who'll likely get both regardless. To delay one for the other would just be really annoying.

• Like 1

We are talking about less than a tank of gas per module here.

Less than dinner for 3 at any restaurant that doesn't deliver your meal in a bag or a box.

Less than 15 (Starbucks) cups of coffee.

Less than 4 movie tickets.

All for people that have, for the most part, already spent thousands to have the equipment to play the game well in the first place. All this nonsense about costs and concerns about release dates is mind boggling to me. Am I the only one flying who isn't a teenager with a paper route or something??? Sure there's going to be a small handful of ppl that cannot afford $100.00 over 2 months of wages, I guess... but honestly, you're telling me that ppl with video cards that cost the same as my last car are now fretting over the financial decision between 2 jets that have so little in common, that beyond having 2 engines and somewhere for the pilot to sit, are completely different experiences aimed at very different uses and users?? I call bullsh*t on that one. Anyone under 25 that's busting their ass and legitimately cannot afford both,  you're exempt from this mini-rant. 🙂 

• Like 1

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

1 hour ago, Despayre said:

Less than dinner for 3 at any restaurant that doesn't deliver your meal in a bag or a box.

Just wait until you are retired... only living on your pension with much less disposable income, then you might have a different view.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Just wait until you are retired... only living on your pension with much less disposable income, then you might have a different view.

If playing a game on a computer is such a hardship for you, perhaps you should find something less costly, like online scrabble. And for the record, I've been self-employed by my companies for 4 decades already, the additional speck of income that comes from a pension is irrelevant to me, and it won't be giving me a different view at all. Maybe your country is a lot cheaper to live in than mine, but all these wasted pixels over less than $100.00 is ridiculous.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

2 hours ago, Despayre said:

Maybe in America yes, but not so much here

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

39 minutes ago, Falconeer said:

Maybe in America yes, but not so much here

Depends which part of America, gas isn't near that much where I am.

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

6 hours ago, Despayre said:

All for people that have, for the most part, already spent thousands to have the equipment to play the game well in the first place. All this nonsense about costs and concerns about release dates is mind boggling to me. Am I the only one flying who isn't a teenager with a paper route or something??? Sure there's going to be a small handful of ppl that cannot afford $100.00 over 2 months of wages, I guess... but honestly, you're telling me that ppl with video cards that cost the same as my last car are now fretting over the financial decision between 2 jets that have so little in common, that beyond having 2 engines and somewhere for the pilot to sit, are completely different experiences aimed at very different uses and users?? I call bullsh*t on that one. Anyone under 25 that's busting their ass and legitimately cannot afford both,  you're exempt from this mini-rant. 🙂 

As someone who's going through college, having to "fill up my tank of gas" two times, then going and ACTUALLY filling up my tank of gas would be a significant bite out of my available cash

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Czechnology said:

As someone who's going through college, having to "fill up my tank of gas" two times, then going and ACTUALLY filling up my tank of gas would be a significant bite out of my available cash

And I'm sure you're not alone, but I also don't think that your case represents the majority of users that enjoy this software. 

12 hours ago, Czechnology said:

This isn't directly aimed at you but I don't understand the logic some people are using here. So they shouldn't release the SE and Phantom at the same time because you may need to make a financial decision about which one to get? I appreciate that not everyone will afford to buy both but i'm not sure why it should prevent ED from releasing both at the same time if required for people that will buy both or want one, not the other. It's not like it's a movie with limited cinema release, or a product that you can only buy in a limited fashion and once it's gone, it's gone. It's a digital product. It will still be there in a years time. If you feel you'd be missing out on it, buy that and sacrifice something else in life you feel is a lesser priority. 

• Like 3