Homing navigation device?

motoadve

• 2 months later...

Sorry for reopening this old post.

"The frequency of the AFN-2 can be adjusted in the Mission Editor to any desired ILS beacon. By default it is set to 38 MHz."

Is this feature like the Mig-15 gun camera, which only works in offline mode? (Please confirm this, yes or no).

As I only fly online, I did some experimenting with changing the frequency of an ILS in my beacons.lua:

Any attempt to set an ILS or PRMG localizer to 38 or 380 produced no results from the AFN-2. After looking into the Mission Editor frequency defaults, I see it uses "124.0" instead.

Setting an ILS to "124000000.000000" again produces no results but setting a PRMG to "124000000.000000" makes the AFN-2 range needle work properly. The vertical AFN-2 needle only twitches and is not usable for navigation in any way.

Again, is this an offline only feature, and if so, does it actually work? I can't be the only one to have done these tests.

Thanks, and best wishes,

Edited by JG14_Smil
Edited for proper frequency numbers.

I do not know if it is work online, probably yes.

but only IF:

1st   It is modern map Caucasus, Marianas or Syria ... No WWII map has any airport with ILS system (which make sense). 

2nd   mission creator must preset frequency for one airport's ILS system in correct format

e.g. Akrotiri on Syria has ILS with frequency 109,70MHz and to receive signal from this ILS, "AFN-2 Base Frequency" must be changed in the ME from default (38) to 109,7.

And then it will work, but only for this airport.

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |