New terrain lighting technology on Ugra Media maps?

gerd

Last year the new terrain lighting technology has been introduced for the DCS: Persian Gulf and once finished, it should be implemented in other maps (as per the Newsletter). I have no doubt this will happen with ED's own maps, but what about maps from Ugra Media? There has been silence about this.

Is the new Normandy 2.0 coming with the new lightning? What about Syria?

• Like 1

ED has testing new lighting technology on Persian Gulf map, but actualy we dont know if ED has complete them, maintain testing or / and release them to 3rd Parties (Similart to Supercarrier technology). Ugra and others 3rd parties surely start to use them when ED realase them into the TDK SDK and learn to use them.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

The current state, imho, on PG is rather, put it this way, has a lot of room for improvement, especially in terms of performance. Personally, I would really love to visit Beirut at night.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

7 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has testing new lighting technology on Persian Gulf map, but actualy we dont know if ED has complete them, maintain testing or / and release them to 3rd Parties (Similart to Supercarrier technology). Ugra and others 3rd parties surely start to use them when ED realase them into the TDK SDK and learn to use them.

Well, Razbam has this in their South Atlantic changelog:

• New - Updated Lighting components to support 2.8 releases new lighting system
  • Improved - Converted all Lighting to 2.8 standard for all our objects
  • Improved - Lighting within hangers now cast light into cockpits

Therefore I would assume they already have access to the new lighting technology (or at least some preview to have a heads up what needs to be adjusted).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

As far as I know the South Atlantic and Sinai map are in the new lighting. 😄

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,