New DCS A-10 Piercing Fury Campaign Mission 2 bug after 2.8 update

Mission 2 is broken again now (status February 2023) after the 2.8 update.

What happens now is that the C-130 crashes alright, and then there is the crash site recording which ends with some weird beeping noises. After that, silence.

No voiceovers telling the tower that "takeoff like yesterday" is required. The follow-me vehicle is permanently stuck on the taxiway (near the runway).

Moving the follow-me vehicle waypoints to the side (into the dirt) in the misson editor allows all planes to taxi past it and take off, and there are even some more voice overs, but no Chinooks at Suze.

Overflying the Suze waypoint does not accomplish anything. No Chinooks. No voiceovers.

If anybody knows a way how to convince the Chinook pilots to scramble at Suze and to start their mission (with all voiceovers plaing), please be so kind to share the magic.

Thank you, cheers Werk

Dear Ranger79,

I realize that it was you who has been updating the campaign all the time.

Would you be so kind as to do it again, in the wake of the 2.8 update, given that so many people still love your campaign?

Truly yours Werk

• 6 months later...

To whom it may concern,

after the 2.8.7.42718 update install, the legacy Piercing Fury which I bought ages ago works like a charm again, at least for me.

Misson 2 works for instance, the one with the vehicle getting stuck on the taxiway. I completed Misson 6 which I never managed, and I am progressing to Mission 7 without a hitch now.

Miracle of miracles.

Piercing Fury IS SO IMMERSIVE!

(I believe the Tank Killer Version which is available for free also works, at least mission 2 does, although I am still struggling with mission 3, failing to waste the bad guys, but that may be due to my inferior skills.) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get mission 3 to advance. I get down to 1 detainee and roughly 5 infantry, and they seem invincible after that. I damage them to 91% but no matter how I hit them or what I hit them with, they don't die and the mission doesn't progress. 

i7 4790k @ 4.6GHz /// MSI z97 GAMING 3 /// 8GB@2133 /// SSD /// Nvidia GeForce GTX760Ti /// TM Warthog HOTAS Throttle+Stick /// Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals /// TrackIR 4 ///Win10 x64 Pro ///

DCS WISH--------------AH-64 APACHE-------------------

• 2 weeks later...

In order to make mission 3 work, you need to move the detainees group which is connected to the HVT deact cars west (left), away from Suze.

For people who are still learning DCS -> open the mission editor, select OPF 3, open it, scroll in tp enlarge, click on the trigger list icon on the left (a triangle, a diamond, a rectangle) and then activate >hidden units<. Now you will see all the connecting lines as well as tiny circles which are waypoints, and the SP (starting point) and the DP (I do not know what that stands for, but in any case DP is the end of a group's journey).

Now you move the group which is (look for the line) connected to the HVT deact cars west (left, away from Suze) by clicking on the group rectangles, and then you arrange these bad guys (actually the detainees who were supposed to march west accordinmg to thje voiceovers) so they more or less of march south to the HVT deact cars.

That is why they are invincible. They are supposed to survive and march on.

What I had to do next (trial and error) was to perfectly align this group's DP circle with the HVT deact cars rectangles.
Only that icing on the cake allowed me to finish the mission, because now the detainees do in fact make their way to the cars, get in, cars get going, and then there is the female voice talking you through some more steps. You climb to 12,000 feet, you get the much needed coordinates, and with a bit of skill you take out the helo.

And: you might want to move the cloud base up (by means of the weather icon on the left of the mission editor) to say 12,500 feet in order to see the ground all the time.

Let me know whoever manages to play mission 3 now if the above has been of any use.

• Thanks 1