The story of J-8PP in cartoon.

PLAAF

Since I am too busy with work and is very tired, I am not going to write detailed documents and stories like I usually do. I found a more relaxing way to tell the story. I have a found a cartoon that will summarise the story. The last episode was talking about the J-8PP. But feel free to watch it from the first episode.
Too bad I couldn't find English subtitled version for everything after the 2nd season, because if I remember correctly,  there was an episode in 3rd season had more detail on the topic. So, only the first 2 seasons. Enjoy  😛

• Like 7

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

3 hours ago, PLAAF said:

Since I am too busy with work and is very tired, I am not going to write detailed documents and stories like I usually do. I found a more relaxing way to tell the story. I have a found a cartoon that will summarise the story. The last episode was talking about the J-8PP. But feel free to watch it from the first episode.
Too bad I couldn't find English subtitled version for everything after the 2nd season, because if I remember correctly,  there was an episode in 3rd season had more detail on the topic. So, only the first 2 seasons. Enjoy  😛

0:40 I am traumatised

• Like 1

My skins

5 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

0:40 I am traumatised

haha, that's inspired by that Japanese cartoon called "battleship girl", or whatever it was called, I don't know for sure since I don't watch those.
So in this cartoon, all aircrafts are aircraft girls.
At 2:28. the eagle, which represent the US said "how about T-79 of the 16 plane" was not an accurate translation. He actually said "how about the type 79 of the girl 16", which means the block 79 of the F-16.

Anyway, here is the link for the first 2 seasons I told you about. Enjoy.

• Like 2

qLjvyQ3.png

On 2/12/2023 at 9:19 AM, PLAAF said:

At 2:28. the eagle, which represent the US said "how about T-79 of the 16 plane" was not an accurate translation. He actually said "how about the type 79 of the girl 16", which means the block 79 of the F-16.

That's F-16/79,F-16A/B with a J79 turbojet engine

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bailee said:

That's F-16/79,F-16A/B with a J79 turbojet engine

I see, I didn't know much about the US assistance projects to China. So thanks for correcting me.

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

• 3 months later...

Is this Japanese influence or original Chinese culture? It was so infantile/sweet. Maybe we don't know Chinese culture at all and we just feed on stereotypes.

Menwhile European fairy tale cartoons for children...

obraz_2023-05-28_145537408.png124715.jpg124760.jpg124765.jpg

Edited by bies

13小时前,bies说:

Is this Japanese influence or original Chinese culture? It was so infantile/sweet. Maybe we don't know Chinese culture at all and we just feed on stereotypes.

Menwhile European fairy tale cartoons for children...

obraz_2023-05-28_145537408.png124715.jpg124760.jpg124765.jpg

Very hard to say. It's a socially caused Chinese feature but not (or not totally) an old tradition.

There was a period when people regarded cartoon as only for children and this thought met its acme about 20-30 years ago (even now many people think so). Besides, Chinese are relatively conservative and cautious with children and puts more responsibility to the whole society. Most of them reject too dark expression to children. (In case you don't know, movie, cartoon or game rating system is also doubted for its enforceability and effectiveness in China, so it's not relied on.) So, some modern Chinese cartoons took much influence from pre-school education cartoons. They took its relaxation and infantile appearance, which makes them easier to produce and easier to be adopted (although not everyone likes that). This series of short cartoons above started from several years ago and this style is easier for personal and small-scale studio to start with.

Also, Chinese cartoon industry experienced a collapse & revival. When the environment is impacted by introduced foreign works, in my impression they had to do simple cartoons for children and provide outsourcing services (in which Japanese and western styles, ideas and techs are also introduced) to survive the winter.

However, there are also more mature art styles all the time and more in recent works, either from indigenous tastes or influenced by Japanese or western style. More serious or matured topics are also involved and may or may not with a too child-like appearance.

And if you watch some earlier Chinese works back to the 1960s, you will find another different style with amazing traditional arts and stories, and even more daring expressions than today, which many people miss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

On 5/29/2023 at 8:28 PM, bies said:

Thanks for interesting and detailed context.

Would You like to see some old Chinese cartoons before the opening-up policy?  Those had no foreign influence at all.

• Like 3

qLjvyQ3.png

On 5/30/2023 at 9:59 AM, PLAAF said:

Would You like to see some old Chinese cartoons before the opening-up policy?  Those had no foreign influence at all.

Fantastic. I've wanted to watch this but couldn't find it anywhere. I found out this story from the game I play when not flying in DCS, Arknights.

About a year ago we got Nine-Colored Deer as an operator to use in the game. The company they worked with to produce the animation used the same style.

Spoiler

• Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 10:59 AM, PLAAF said:

That was an interesting conclusion.  With all the soldiers around, the one to kill the guy in the end was the bird 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 3:00 PM, Iron Sights said:

Interesting and strange at the same time.

I imagine it is no different than The Mighty Hercules.  Someone without knowledge of that mythology might find a talking centaur quite weird as well.

interestingly, both cartoons seem to share similar drawing or animations styles, which are quite different from what we see anywhere today.  
So differences seem to be less related to regions or cultures and more due times or eras.

Could this suggest that the lack of tolerance of various political entities nowadays against other geopolitical opponents could be in comparison less than the lack of tolerance the same political entities might have for their own  culture from just a few decades ago? 🤔

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LowRider88 said:

That was an interesting conclusion.  With all the soldiers around, the one to kill the guy in the end was the bird 🙂

I just want to point out how good the art was back then. Every frame was a delicate hand-drawn art piece. It's like one of those wall paintings from Dunhuang Mogao Grottoes。 Not like the cartoon we have nowadays. That super Saiyan Broly movie is just awful. It was a cheap computer drawing in a cartoon for kindergarten kids.  

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 2

qLjvyQ3.png

15 hours ago, PLAAF said:

I just want to point out how good the art was back then. Every frame was a delicate hand-drawn art piece. It's like one of those wall paintings from Dunhuang Mogao Grottoes。 Not like the cartoon we have nowadays. That super Saiyan Broly movie is just awful. It was a cheap computer drawing in a cartoon for kindergarten kids.  

I completely agree.  The whole CGI thing has been way overplayed for decades now.  Just more of the corporate world trying to use each and every possible form of automation to squeeze more profits, while paying workers less, while the soul of everything, whether work or art is destroyed.  Talk about overdoing it.  Everything looks like Pixar now.

Any you are right, PLAAF, that cartoon was refreshing and does look like a moving painting.

• Like 2