Flyable Su17 can we have it done?

Mizzy

Errm well I know we cannot have a Su17 flyable but can some cleaver so and so put the cockpit of the Su25 into a flyable Su17 and its pretty close to the real one anyway !!;)

Oh just killing time, I know its not important or relevant to most here, so no worries.

Snowed in so no work tomorrow :)

Mizzy

I'd love to fly that plane, and I understand it's quite similar to the Su-25/Su-25T in many ways... but definitely not mainstream enough I'm afraid. Imagine the outcry of the "western" community when yet another Russian plane would be added! ;)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

It's a shame that this plane is so underestimated in the west :( As far as I have read, it is has been a kick a** CAS/ground attack plane in the 80s. In many regards a Su-25 with afterburner.

The Su-17 could have been one of the few ( realistic ) alternative choices for the 1.2 addon, as it shares the same avionics and weapons as the Su-25. So with some uneducated guessing, workload to create that plane would be in the same region as the Ka-50 ( new cockpit, new external, new AFM ). Also it fits nicely in Lock Ons A-G scope. And of course it is a eastern fighter, so 1C would have been happy about it.

Unfortunatly the Su-17 never had a real chance beeing so less known.

Just adding my voice...

I'd much rather the Fitter than the Hokum, it's definately a cool little jet. That said, if I had to decide between it and other overall improvements, I'd still rather ED invest their enegies in improving the current game than adding another aircraft.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

I'd love to fly that plane, and I understand it's quite similar to the Su-25/Su-25T in many ways... but definitely not mainstream enough I'm afraid. Imagine the outcry of the "western" community when yet another Russian plane would be added! ;)

No what I am trying to say is someone knew how to add the F16, F18 and Su30 as flyables. I am just wondering if the same person can do this with the Su17 using the Su25 cockpit.

I am trying to do it myself but I am not very intelligent like that so :(

Mizzy

If you want to see an su-17 when you're in an su-25, you need to copy su-17.cmd over su-25.cmd in your Lock On\bazar\world\shapes folder. Make sure you backup su-25.cmd. Of course, doing this, you will see your loadouts in strange positions on your su-17, so you would also have to edit the pylon positions in your MEinit.xml in your Lock On\ME folder. Make sure you backup your MEinit.xml if you edit it.

sig36aa.jpg

If you want to see an su-17 when you're in an su-25, you need to copy su-17.cmd over su-25.cmd in your Lock On\bazar\world\shapes folder. Make sure you backup su-25.cmd. Of course, doing this, you will see your loadouts in strange positions on your su-17, so you would also have to edit the pylon positions in your MEinit.xml in your Lock On\ME folder. Make sure you backup your MEinit.xml if you edit it.

Thank you Jetfire but it sounds too complicated. I will jsy have to live with watching the Su17 as a AI aircraft doing its thing.

Mizzy

Mizzy,

In Lock-on 1.1 you can make any aircraft flyable simply by changing a single word in the MEinit.xml....in the line: HumanCockpit="no" change it to: HumanCockpit="yes" :)

You will get the cockpit of the Su-27 and the flight model is a "universial" one, but you can fly the Su-17M4 with its proper payloads and launch its weapons :) .

It is not possible to change which cockpit is used though.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Mizzy,

In Lock-on 1.1 you can make any aircraft flyable simply by changing a single word in the MEinit.xml....in the line: HumanCockpit="no" change it to: HumanCockpit="yes" :)

You will get the cockpit of the Su-27 and the flight model is a "universial" one, but you can fly the Su-17M4 with its proper payloads and launch its weapons :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

As far as a "universal" flight model goes is it a truely generic one for non-flyables made flyable or is it simply the Su-27's one? Sounds like quite a fun little tweak for the occasional blast, I'm glad ED put this in given the popularity of model swapping. So will all of the afterburners line up and the likes and all the correct loadouts be available?

Mizzy,

Cheers,

- JJ.

Now thats what I wanted to here :)

YES indeed my small brain can work that one out... thank you very much to all that helped me here. very much appreciated.

Mizzy

OK, now that I have changed that, how do I enter the cockpit of the plane that I want to fly? I have tried Alt+J but that doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kdittyr

The procedure I described was for the full Lock-on 1.1 ;) .

Check your PM please :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ