Did they scale back the damage on the .50 cals again

Gunfreak

Last month,  my new .50 cal ammo would light up Fw190A with a few hits. Now it appears I'm back to peppering it  forever. Both me and my AI wingman just poured ammo into A8s and K4s you could see the planes getting chewed up, but the AI kept flying and flying. 

Now I've only tested for an hour. So I can say for sure, it might just be randomness.  But it felt much more like the old days of just filling the German with lead with little effect. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

not sure if its just the 0.5 cal, i seem to be forever hitting Anton's with my Spitfires 20mm and the damn thing keeps on flying.

i dont have the the same issue with 109's though...

Edited by Ghost79

Youtube channel @Flightenvy680

Banner 1.png

Yeah I was experiencing the same thing. The hit marker feed would keep going and going but the aircraft wouldn't have any form of catastrophic failure unless I'm super lucky. Most of the time the German planes fly away and just crash land from engine failure. It's like you can't actually kill the A.I. pilot. 

I'm quite happy from my P-47 8x0.5'' 🙂 Last week I killed a 109 Pilot while he was leaving his cockpit 🙂 I saw him getting out right into my tracers 20 m away from me.

As far as I know Fire effectivness against FW-190 strongly depends on firing angle. There are orginal documets about it. If you aim well short burst can burn 190. If not one can struggle shooting random parts

Best regards.

Edited by 303_Kermit

It's hard to get an accurate playback assessment of where the strikes are happening but I just counted the "hit" notifications from the debrief. I counted 100 hits to kill two Dora's, funnily enough it was almost 50 for each plane, don't know if that is just a coincidence. 

I saw in the December update they adjusted the values for seat armour, that may have affected it. 

I suppose you would have to test it with other aircraft that have .50 cals on them against other airframes and see? 

P51.trk

Edited by TK-421