Excesive BALL glow

Tulkas

Im flying with VR, Quest2, open beta. I think my last trap was before Christmas holydays. The situation then was that flying with the Supercarrier de ball was crisp and perfectly visible. The Forrestal had way too much glow, but I still could use it to fly the glideslope.

Yesterday I went for some laps around the boat and the ball on the Supercarrier was just a huge blur where was impossible to see anything, whatever the distance. Not even at the very moment of the trap. Something like the external lights of the Hornet but that does not go away when you get closer.

Luckly I found a mod that fixed it. But I hate to have to use mods to fix thing from the sim, some screw the IC. I have not been able to find posts complaning about the ball after the last couple of patches. There are a few but they have been going for some years and I have never had problems before so I wonder if I am the only one who got the ball ruined after the recent patches.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ball has been unusable for as long as I can remember. That's one of the reasons the IFLOLS overlay even exists.

• Like 2

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 3:32 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

Well, if there's a mod that can fix it (mind posting a link?), then it should be straightforward for ED to do that, too.

I use this mod and probably the same used by the op:

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.