FC3 Request regarding waypoints

shinobi61

Hi all, i know FC3 is feature complete etc, however i would like to suggest something i have noticed would be a great feature after playing MP servers for quite a while now both modern and cold war.

Basically to add feature to create waypoints from map markers (ala f14)

Reasoning for the suggestion is thus :
Firstly we all want full fidelity SU27, MIG29, SU25, and F15C but its not gonna happen atleast for the forseable future, however many people are playing the F15C and Flankers/Fulcrums in DCS and disregarding the fidelity of the avionics and other things one huge thing atleast online or in any dynamic situation having waypoints only able to be set by mission editor is really a major downfall.
I think with this feature (which i only suggest because i "think" its not a huge workload to impliment, though could be totally wrong) we gain quite alot more utility to modules that many people love to fly while we wait and see if they will ever become FF modules.

Secondly if you play a server and really want to fly for example mig29s. But the server is more realistic so you cannot use the f10 map its a real pain to fly these modules although they are so good as lowfi modules.

Aswell as adding utility to the 3 air to air redfor jets in this FC3 package you will know ofcourse that the amazing cold war servers fly the a10A and SU25 and not having this small utility really breaks immersion and kinda ruins these cool modules in anything apart from a scripted setting.

The suggestion:
If would be possible to program waypoints from the ramp via the f10map markers just like waypoints on the tomcat or target points on the viggen/harrier utilising the kneeboard with engines off and canopy open the same as rearming. Basically simulating a data cartridge of sorts.

Finally i think this would be a low effort (could be wrong) stopgap which would be greatly appriciated, while we miss some of these iconic aircraft as fully fledged modules.

Thanks for reading 🙂

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello, if you have Combiend Arms, and you play offline, in F0 map, you can set waypoint to AI unit. So if you are doing this but to your own plane, it will change, in mission, while flying, the waypoints (after restarting the NAV mode). But I believe there is a bug if you exeed the number of default waypoints in the scenario, it will crash. But ED could just add the option in F10 map.

• Like 1