DCS: Mosquito FB VI livery competition

BIGNEWY

3 hours ago, Reflected said:

Mosquito FB.VI Generic skin with full invasion stripes and variable bort numbers. You can edit the letters in the mission editor. Custom roughmets, accurate colors and markings. This should be useful on the Normandy map.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329266/

Screen_230226_135505.jpg

Screen_230226_135645.jpg

Mosquito FB.VI 487 Sqn RNZAF flown by Group Captain Percy Charles Picard EG-F, who was killed in action near Amiens during Operation Jericho, when a FW-190 hit his aircraft and the tail section broke off. Custom roughmets, accurate colors and markings.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329265/

220px-PC_Pickard.jpg

Screen_230226_132455.jpg

Screen_230226_132713.jpg

Just the mission editor? Or can you also do it in the rearming window? If not, I’d like to know how you did that, it’d be useful.

6 minutes ago, OLD CROW said:

Dude.... really? I know skins in this model are really limited but.... not so limited

I started working on it before I saw yours, sorry. I'm not gonna delete the skin just because someone else has already made a version of it. Nobody has exclusive rights.  BTW I see a 3rd one having been uploaded to the user files 🙂

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 4

• ED Team

Hi all, 

thank you for the entries so far. 

Just to clear some things up, multiple entries are allowed, we also know there are limited options here with liveries so we are expecting some cross over between user entries. 

thank you

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I understand your point, also I was the only who answered you yesterday when you did the question of multiple entries, but in the good name of the fair play. Would you accept happily if someone tried to duplicate your campaigns? 

The third entries you've seen in the user files are mines, just go to my updated original post and click on the download links, I haven't updated earliier cause I was waiting the links to be actived in the user files web.

Edited by OLD CROW

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

11 minutes ago, OLD CROW said:

I understand your point, also I was the only who answered you yesterday when you did the question of multiple entries, but in the good name of the fair play. Would you accept happily if someone tried to duplicate your campaigns? 

The third entries you've seen in the user files are mines, just go to my updated original post and click on the download links.

It's nothing like "duplicating a campaign". And if someone made a campaign about the same historical events, which is fair game, I don't have the copyrights, I'd be happy to play them without knowing where the triggers are 😄

when I saw your post I was almost done and I had the same reaction "Oh no, come ooon"  - as I had already invested a fair amount of work. But it's not like we can call 'dibs', is it? Or 'first come first served'..

I don't see a problem with having 2 versions, these are free skins, everyone can decide for themselves which one they want to use. So what's the harm?

• Like 6

Agree with the concept of having multiple skins.... no problem on that in the user files, but in a contest? really? and you being a third party who almost got the ED exclusive in WW2 campaigns? 

This "everyone can decide for themselves" are the same you can almost call them "working collegues"... and they're going to be who decide who wins and looses. And the fact Bignewy just has came across right now and not 24 hours ago to "clarify" the multi entry for one user right after your post sounds weird even a bit biased.

• Like 1

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

8 minutes ago, OLD CROW said:

Agree with the concept of having multiple skins.... no problem on that in the user files, but in a contest? really? and you being a third party who almost got the ED exclusive in WW2 campaigns? 

This "everyone can decide for themselves" are the same you can almost call them "working collegues"... and they're going to be who decide who wins and looses. And the fact Bignewy just has came across right now and not 24 hours ago to "clarify" the multi entry for one user right after your post sounds weird even a bit biased.

Oh come on…I’m a 3rd party campaign maker. Not an ED skin maker. And I don’t have any exlusive rights for ww2 campaigns, I wish there were more people making more of them. 

but hey, if it really bothers you, I’ll offer to give you the Mossie in case I my version is selected and yours isn’t. But don’t play the ‘biased’ card please. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Reflected said:

but hey, if it really bothers you, I’ll offer to give you the Mossie in case I my version is selected and yours isn’t. But don’t play the ‘biased’ card please. 

I'm not playing any card. Also I'll STRONGLY reject any present coming from you related with this contest. So don't play the card of "generous" in case of... I haven't presented my work to generate grief or sorrow just to get the price by those bad arts. The only who is playing the "fake" fair player offended it's you. 

• Like 1

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

8 hours ago, OLD CROW said:

It’s not biased at all. It was also the case for the Apache competition, where I (on my old account) and somebody else both did a set of South Carolina National Guard liveries. And if anything, that inspired me to do an even better job, idk that I would’ve been one of the winners without the DIRECT competition driving me forwards.

Edited by static_actual
  • Like 3

On 2/26/2023 at 10:15 PM, gzj3401 said:

Thank you, you made it! You are a hero. Few people know that Mosquito once served in the People's Liberation Army.

I also wish someone could make a Chinese Nationalist Air Force livery because both of them are very special in history.

null

image.png

i think i will make one

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 9:46 AM, Bozon said:

We got to have one all-black paint scheme. Nothing says “mobster” better than an all black ride with guns sticking out the front.

Here's one:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318523/

(Edit: I did not make this skin, just saw the request and knew about it!)

Edited by FupDuck
  • Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

1 hour ago, DragonSoulkin said:

Mosquito NF Mk.II No.23 Sqn RAF November 1942

DCS_2023-02-27_20-40-49.pngDCS_2023-02-27_20-40-12.pngmosquito_bnf-5.jpghttps://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329428/

Mosquito NF Mk.II No.157 Sqn RAF March-August 1942

DCS_2023-02-27_20-41-35.pngDCS_2023-02-27_20-41-10.pngNo.157_Sqn_RAF.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329429/

I like :thumbup:

Why are the letters on the sides of the roundel reveresed?

edit:

Seems like DCS is correct and the reference drawing is wrong.

Edited by Bozon

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

42 minutes ago, Bozon said:

I like :thumbup:

Why are the letters on the sides of the roundel reveresed?

edit:

Seems like DCS is correct and the reference drawing is wrong.

41 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

its because they are Dynamic, you can change them

Correct, making them dynamic I was unable to set it exactly like how the reference pic so I did what I could as a compromise. A lot of WWII Mosquito photos has them like this also so I figured it shouldn't be too much an issue.

3 hours ago, DragonSoulkin said:

Mosquito NF Mk.II No.23 Sqn RAF November 1942

DCS_2023-02-27_20-40-49.pngDCS_2023-02-27_20-40-12.pngmosquito_bnf-5.jpghttps://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329428/

Mosquito NF Mk.II No.157 Sqn RAF March-August 1942

DCS_2023-02-27_20-41-35.pngDCS_2023-02-27_20-41-10.pngNo.157_Sqn_RAF.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329429/

Isn't this the same one that I posted above? 

It was created by a user called @MateusOV. Is that you, @DragonSoulkin?

Edited by FupDuck
  • Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

7 minutes ago, FupDuck said:

Isn't this the same one that I posted above? 

It was created by a user called @MateusOV. Is that you, @DragonSoulkin?

It's the same squadron, but not the exact same skin, as you'd be able to see if you clicked on the link she provided. There's only so many ways you can make a plain black Mosquito without getting into the nitty gritty stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brief update, they are now available for download in the user files. 
There are four variants in total, two from Squadron 45 and two from 105.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329439/

1.jpg

• Like 3

I5 8600K  - MSI 3070 - 32Gb DDR4  - 1 TB NVME - 1TB SSD - :joystick: TM Warthog

FC3 - Mirage - Hawk (RIP) - F5E - L39 - F14B -A4E C- UH1H - AV8BNA - F16C - FA-18C - Ka50- Apache-A10CII - MB339

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, James Bigglesworth said:

Finished DK296

Great skin, I loved it, wish you good luck with the contest:

Q2GmMIf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB