DCS: Mosquito FB VI livery competition

BIGNEWY

1 hour ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

Oh crap. I didn't think of that Since it's a depiction of a historical non-Segar illustration I think it's exempt. The only country, AFAIK, where it isn't public domain is the US.

@static_actual, beautiful attention to detail and great use of roughmets! Impressive.

I mean, I’d be shocked if it was an issue, but I was already making an extra de-swastikad version so I figured meh why not just take it off, they’re separate layers.

Thanks! First time I’ve tried the brush effect or the matte edges for airbrushing, and I think it turned out pretty well 🙂

@static_actual what you did with the camo edges looks great 👍

• Like 1

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Mosquito Mk.VI - Med sea grey camo - Red Yellow Bort - Skin

Link to skin https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328059/

For Your Consideration...

One of the first skins I created for the Mossie when the template first came out. A generic skin representing 627 squadron with custom working borts!

Color corrected and proportioned insignia, Re-worked lighter weathering, new exhaust stains, oil stains, dirt on the gear doors, smoothed & sharpened camo.

Screen_221219_142635.jpg

Screen_221219_143212.jpg

Screen_221213_024609.jpgScreen_221213_023219.jpgScreen_221213_023446.jpg

The Skin uses the base roughmets and normals to keep the overall mossie files as small as possible.Screen_221219_191555.jpg

Congrats to everyone for creating all the awesome skins! Contest or no, Everyone wins.

I will be posting my other skins by Friday, and am currently re-working some glaring details on the strike wing skins - last but not least (I sorta rushed them out as at the time there where not many skins being posted - what a difference a contest makes!)

Screen_221220_132504.jpg

Screen_221230_193027.jpg

Also special thanks to Reflected for giving me tips, encouragement and advice early on.

Good luck to all the great entrys

Mossie On!

• Like 3

RAF No. 105 Squadron GB-C 1942

Download here.

Download the Fix for the Outer Wings problems here.

This skin is a representation of the bomber version of the Mk IV mosquito flown by no. 105 Squadron of the RAF, 1942. This aircraft is coded GB-C, serial number DZ372.
It is an example of the early version of camouflage used by the RAF.

A blank texture and a description.lua has also been included in the zip for use with the Bort Number system. (Copying or referencing to the rest of the GB-C skin files required.) 

GBC 01.JPG

GBC 02.JPG

GBC 03.JPG

GBC Bort.JPG

Edited by BrassEm
Add the Outer Wingtip fix link.

RAAF No. 464 Squadron SB-E 1943

Download Here.

This skin is a representation of the Fighter Bomber version of the Mk IV mosquito flown by no. 464 Squadron of the RAAF, 1943. This aircraft is coded SB-E, serial number HX901. 

Photos of the aircraft in this squadron show that the exhaust shrouds must have been removed at some time and they have left the aluminium underneath it unpainted.

A blank texture and a description.lua has also been included in the zip for use with the Bort Number system. (Copying or referencing to the rest of the SB-E skin files required.) 

SBE 01.jpg

SBE 02.JPG

SBE 03.JPG

SBE Bort.JPG

Edited by BrassEm

RAF No. 109 Squadron HS-F "Grim Reaper"

Download Here.

This skin is a representation of the bomber version of the Mk IV mosquito flown by no.109 Squadron of the RAF, 1943. This aircraft is coded HS-F, serial number DK333 with the distinctive "Grim Reaper" nose art. It was flown by Flying Officers Harry B Stephens and Frank Ruskell DFC, From 109 Squadron, No 8 Group(PFF) based at RAF Wyton in Jan. 1943.

At this time this skin is not Bort Number compatible.

Grim Reaper 01.jpg

Grim Reaper 02.jpg

Grim Reaper 03.jpg

Edited by BrassEm
  • Like 1

This is my entry for French Air Force liveries.

Armée de l'Air Blue:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3329757/ 
a-min.png
Unatitled-min.png

Armée de l'Air Mosquito Guerre d' Algérie Camo:

WAITING FOR USER FILES ACTIVATION
Z.pngW

Armée de l'Air Mosquito Guerre d' Algérie Sharkmouth Camo:

Will be done in several hours

Edited by MarbleFalcon
  • Like 2

• ED Team

Hi all,

the competition ends later today and I will be closing the thread, so if you have any final submissions please add as soon as possible. 

thank you

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Mosquito Mk.VI - Med sea grey camo -Sky Borts & Spinner - Skin

For you consideration - link to skin - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328055/

Screen_221212_191152.jpg

Mosquito Mk.VI - Light grey & Dark Green camo - Red Borts - Skin

For your consideration - Link to skin - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328330/

Screen_230110_121919.jpg

Mosquito Mk.VI - Coastal strike - Yellow Spinner - Skin

For your consideration - Link to skin - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328061/

Screen_221220_133331.jpg

• Like 4

• ED Team

Competition now closed

Thank you to everyone for your submissions. 

The winners will be announced in a future newsletter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2