AWACS Declare no response

CapnCoke

Awacs declare doesn't seem to be working in multiplayer but it works fine in singleplayer. Sometimes it works once but in 99% cases you don't get a response. I've been flying the Mirage F1 and it makes it tough to fly as an interceptor when entering an environment with friendlies off my nose.

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

Do you tune your aircraft radio to the AWACS frequency? If you don't, it will only work if the server you're playing on does not disable Easy Comms.

Yes, I have it tuned correctly and they reply to my bogey dope requests (it's kinda buggy but it works, and I think its reported here)

But for declare requests, I managed to get a reply maybe 4 or 5 times total after like 10-20 requests by just spamming it just so I don't launch a missile at a friendly. It can be reproduced by joining a server preferably cold war like enigma where certain aircrafts don't have IFF like F5E or Mirage F1. Tune to DCS AWACS and you can hear awacs comms. Ask for bogey dope and it will reply. Then lock a target (friendly or enemy) and ask for Declare. You'll get no reply, but in very rare cases, might get a reply once or twice for the whole session.

I haven't tested it in a low population environment, and I wonder if its because of shared callsigns. I'll give it a test in Grayflag server since most callsigns are unique to each slot if I remember correctly.

Edited by CapnCoke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

Understood. I'm waiting for your feedback.

Ok so I tested on Grayflag with 9 players in the server and it seems to work fine. It's not consistent but 8 IFF with around 10-12 declare command is better than what I've been getting in the cold war server. I still can't tell if its the lower player count in the server or its call sign related. Let's assume its callsign related. The thing is that if a server has multiple users using for eg. Uzi 1-1 callsign, AWACS can still discern which player asked for bogey dope and give the correct call. So in that case if there's multiple Uzi 1-1s, and one of them has an STT lock of an enemy and asks AWACS to declare, it should be able to tell which Uzi 1-1 it was. But it doesn't explain why it is silent.

I'm gonna go in theory here as I am no expert on how the AWACS system works and implemented. Currently you need an STT lock for the player to communicate with AWACS to declare and that is also confirmed by the player voice in comms. If the lock is lost before the player's sentence is completed, AWACS ignores and stays silent. You need to keep lock until the player's radio request is completed and AWACS will then reply and confirm if its friendly or hostile. Now if there's multiple Uzi 1-1s, and one of them locks and asks awacs for declare, the request goes through and awacs checks the sttlock but finds out the rest of Uzi 1-1s doesn't have a lock then it ignores the request. Again I might be entirely wrong here and that's not how the system works.

Edited by CapnCoke

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...