Server with NO password that actually require a password ?

Swiso

Hello all,

How could possible be that in Multiplayer, when I filter the servers that have NO password, when I try to connect it, it still require a password to connect ?

What it could be the reason ?

Thanks !

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by Swiso

The password box at the bottom is irrelevant to the password you filtered for.  The password requirement in the server screen is for getting onto the server at all and will come up immediately on selecting the server -- you won't get to the screen you're getting to.  I believe the password box at the bottom of this screen would be used within the server to prevent RED players from entering BLUE planes or vice versa.  Anyway, if you pick a slot and click briefing leaving the password box empty you'll likely get into a plane.

• Like 1

I swear that a copule of days ago there was NO password box al the bottom of that page... at least in the Open Beta version.

Anyway...whatever it is or was, all good now.

Thanks.

EDIT:

There you go.... NO password required today...

Don't know why.

c.PNG

Edited by Swiso

• 2 weeks later...

You're comparing the multiplayer server screen to the in game client selection screen. While the server might not have a password to join, once you join, you'll need a password to enter any redfor client slots. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2023 at 4:17 PM, CaptHawk said:

You're comparing the multiplayer server screen to the in game client selection screen. While the server might not have a password to join, once you join, you'll need a password to enter any redfor client slots. 

My bad...you're right.