Extended Ai commands.

FlankerKiller

On 3/1/2023 at 11:33 PM, FlankerKiller said:

The A-10C has the best Ai commands available in DCS bar none. I know we won't have a data link or SPI. But if there is any way to implement something like the "Engage With" menu of the A-10C that would be epic. 

The A10 has different wingman commands than other planes? 

All the aircrafts I've flown have the exact same wingman commands. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

It's not just different commands. You can't just copy the A-10C comm file over to say the F-16C. It's got more going on behind the scenes, and it's freaking awesome. Engage with alows you to order your wingmen to attack a specific type of target, with a specific weapon, from a specific direction. It allows much finer control of your Ai wingmen. You can for instance choose a safe direction to attack from. Which can  keep them away from high threat areas. You can keep them from expending vary valuable weapons on easily dystoyed targets. For example, you can have them attack infantry from the south with rockets if the infantry is not protected by SORAD. Keeping Mavericks in store incase tanks show up somewhere else. 

Edited by FlankerKiller
Grammer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 6:55 PM, FlankerKiller said:

It's not just different commands. You can't just copy the A-10C comm file over to say the F-16C. It's got more going on behind the scenes, and it's freaking awesome. Engage with alows you to order your wingmen to attack a specific type of target, with a specific weapon, from a specific direction. It allows much finer control of your Ai wingmen. You can for instance choose a safe direction to attack from. Which can  keep them away from high threat areas. You can keep them from expending vary valuable weapons on easily dystoyed targets. For example, you can have them attack infantry from the south with rockets if the infantry is not protected by SORAD. Keeping Mavericks in store incase tanks show up somewhere else. 

I haven't flown the hog much. Even tho it was the first modual I bought back in 2013. But that does indeed sound like something the A7(or any aircraft made to do lots of ground attack should have) even ww2 moduals like Mossie and P47 could definitely use that 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.